android
Old 03-12-2012, 12:03 PM

Question Some problems with RockBox

Hello,

I recently rockboxed my Sansa clip zip 4 GB player that I got recently too. I already had a 4 GB Sandisk microSD card which I added to the player and it hardly took 2 minutes to refresh the media.

It was working good till I had the default theme that comes with RB. The fonts weren't there then. However, since I added the fonts pack and a few themes, now when connecting to the computer and after disconnecting, it just hangs showing the USB connector and I have to reset it using the power button. This is happening each time I connect to the computer. What do I need to do to solve this problem?

Secondly, the reason I installed some themes was that I read on this or sandisk forum some people saying that it's not possible to remove the "peakmeter" that shows on the now playing screen. I hate this peakmeter and couldn't find a way to remove it. Someone said it could be removed by removing a setting (%PM) in the WPS config file but I couldn't find even the file mentioned.

Also, can anyone tell me the theme that would remove this peakmeter? For ipod nano, there's such a theme called WPS Black. Is there a similar theme for the clip zip?

Thirdly, just a day or two ago, I added about 550 songs to the internal memory which was almost empty till now. When I play the songs using the folders and go to the microSD card and play the songs, the songs' names scroll on the now playing screen normally (in one line). But when I play any song from the internal memory, each song's name scrolls horizontally in two lines. I mean that two lines have the exact same name scrolling which I find irritating. I wonder which setting might have triggered this but if it was some setting, this problem should occur even with the microSD card songs. Can anyone tell me what can I do to remove the second scroll line?

Kind Regards,
Casper

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-13-2012, 05:24 AM

You can see the percentage charge left on the battery in the settings - info in the OF. I couldn't find such info in RB settings. where is it?

Also, now that my zip is fully charged, it shows 100% in the OF info screen, but on RB the battery bar doesn't show completely, it's missing a thin line, however long I charge. Is this a problem with RB?

Kind Regards,
Casper

Old 03-13-2012, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper^ View Post
You can see the percentage charge left on the battery in the settings - info in the OF. I couldn't find such info in RB settings. where is it?
System > Rockbox Info

Quote:
Also, now that my zip is fully charged, it shows 100% in the OF info screen, but on RB the battery bar doesn't show completely, it's missing a thin line, however long I charge. Is this a problem with RB?
I wouldn't get too OCD about this, it's only a representation of the state of the battery.

You could try alternately charging it in the OF and Rockbox and comparing how long it lasts if you wanted to be sure.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper^ View Post
(...) when connecting to the computer and after disconnecting, it just hangs showing the USB connector and I have to reset it using the power button. This is happening each time I connect to the computer. What do I need to do to solve this problem?
Update Rockbox to current build.
I had this problem on my Rockboxed Zip and it disappeared after I recently updated Rockbox. I guessed that it's a known problem which they fixed.

Quote:
can anyone tell me the theme that would remove this peakmeter?
Check out the various rockbox themes, the majority don't have peakmeters.

Your third point may be a bug..

Old 03-15-2012, 01:02 PM

Thanks for the reply, Brett! I thought i had the current build since I rockboxed the clip zip just a few days ago. However, I'll check to see if there's a more recent build.

Thanks for the clip zip themes link. I installed many of them but then like dfkt's and the two clock themes.

Kind Regards,
Casper