android
Old 07-06-2009, 04:25 PM

Thanks!
I usually read the log at http://www.rockbox.org/dl.cgi?bin=source, and revision 21693 is not logged there yet.
I didn't know where to read the SVN log for the day in course .

Last edited by porio; 07-06-2009 at 04:30 PM. Reason: now I know

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-06-2009, 04:32 PM

Yup, works for me too. The virtual LED makes me think I'm listening to AC/DC, though...

Old 07-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

porio, you can find a list of up-to-the-minute SVN revisions on the front page of rockbox.org under "Subversion."

Old 07-12-2009, 02:12 AM

I met the same problem with Bashee.
When I copied bootloader to the root folder and reboot. it update the firmware, however, when the update finished, i start the clip, it showed load files not found... then it shutdown itself...
and when I conneted the clip with a PC, the sansa logo appears, and the it halts

BTW, my clip is V1 4G.
can anybody tell me how to get into the original firmware?
thanks...<!-- / message -->

Old 07-12-2009, 02:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

There are 2 parts to Rockbox: the bootloader and the software that it hooks into and then gets used. You only loaded half (the bootloader), it seems. Here's where to get the other half, which you unzip and then copy over to your Clip.

http://build.rockbox.org/dist/build-clip/rockbox.zip

Since you already have loaded the bootloader, to get into the original Clip firmware, you need to apply a button press--I believe it's the Clip's home button when the Clip is being turned on (or it could be the left click of the wheel). (Sorry, I'm going by memory here, as I haven't Rockboxed my Clip yet; if the above doesn't work, try other presses of the Clip's wheel as you turn the Clip on--there are limited options there.)

Old 07-12-2009, 02:52 AM

I 've already copy the .rockbox to the folder. but when it reboot, it still says firmware file not found.
and When I connect it to PC, after the sansa logo appears, the clip halted at the four-leaf logo.
this is due to the firmware 1.01.32, there is a long waiting time.

I have copied the m300a.bin and the folder .rockbox under the root,
but when it reboots, it still says firmware file not found why?

Last edited by ahmao; 07-12-2009 at 05:46 AM.

Old 07-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Corrupted file system maybe.

Or you didn't properly copy the .rockbox folder.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:12 PM

Hey guys! It's my first post in this forum, so please don't be too hard on me

I checked out this thread several times in the past to see what's going on with the rockbox firmware for the Clip, but now it's been quite long since anybody wrote something and I wonder if there's something going on. I already installed this wonderful piece of software myself on my devide and it worked quite finde, but this crashing issue is really annoying. Does someone know if this is going to be fixed soon? Cause if so, I think I might be the happiest person there is =D

Oh, and there's another thing I'd like to ask. Some time ago I saw a post on the rockbox site and it seemed quite intereesting to me. Here's the link: klick

Sometimes I use low bitrate vorbis myself and I'd like to know what difference this tweak would make. Does speed-up also mean that it's less demanding and thus the battery lasts longer?

Regards!

Old 08-02-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creep View Post
Oh, and there's another thing I'd like to ask. Some time ago I saw a post on the rockbox site and it seemed quite intereesting to me. Here's the link: klick

Sometimes I use low bitrate vorbis myself and I'd like to know what difference this tweak would make. Does speed-up also mean that it's less demanding and thus the battery lasts longer?
The low bitrate stuff won't apply to the clip, but theres probably a minor improvement in performance for all vorbis files. And yes faster decoding saves battery life.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
The low bitrate stuff won't apply to the clip, but theres probably a minor improvement in performance for all vorbis files. And yes faster decoding saves battery life.
Ah, that was quick! Well, that faster decoding thing was kinda logical, but I still wanted to be sure. So it doesn't work on both of the Clip versions? And why does it not work? Sorry if these questions are annoying, but I guess I'm very curious.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:51 PM

That optimization moves tables used for low bitrate files into faster IRAM rather then DRAM. However, the clip has so much IRAM and so little DRAM that the entire Vorbis codec is loaded into IRAM.

Codecs don't currently work on the ClipV2, but it will probably work the same as the V1, since IIRC the V2 has even more IRAM.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:38 PM

Hi all,

I used the dual boot that was uploaded on my v1 clip and the newest source code available and for some reason my music stop playing immediately if i change my fade-out duration... or fade out delay.
fade in and everything else seems to work though which is weird.
anyone know why?

Old 08-04-2009, 01:43 AM

Most often clip crashs when u change the song in the middle, with or without pausing ur previous song.To prevent this do the following steps

1)load any .txt file in ur clip
2)now if u want to change song in the middle,just go to the .txt file and open it
3)press the center button of ur clip nd there u would get a playback option,select it and now choose "stop playback"
4)Now u can go to ur folder and play another song,the clip shall not crash
5)repeat the steps if u again wants to change the song in the middle

Some will argue that the process is so lengthy but my aim was to bring this in minds of rockbox devlopers that if they could implement this "stop playback" option in context menu or while playing menu ,it could help to stop crash

Old 08-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanuj View Post
Most often clip crashs when u change the song in the middle, with or without pausing ur previous song.To prevent this do the following steps

1)load any .txt file in ur clip
2)now if u want to change song in the middle,just go to the .txt file and open it
3)press the center button of ur clip nd there u would get a playback option,select it and now choose "stop playback"
4)Now u can go to ur folder and play another song,the clip shall not crash
5)repeat the steps if u again wants to change the song in the middle

Some will argue that the process is so lengthy but my aim was to bring this in minds of rockbox devlopers that if they could implement this "stop playback" option in context menu or while playing menu ,it could help to stop crash
As I asked when you posted this in the Rockbox forums, does holding down the Stop (Home) button to stop playback (rather than pausing it) not do the same thing?

Old 08-04-2009, 02:24 PM

Just rocked my clip - super cool to see this working at least somewhat. Still super unstable, and it seems like changing most features from default results in audio not playing back (easily fixable by deleting and re-loading the .rockbox folder) but at least EQ is functional.

Regarding that, however, it's very interesting that loading my EQ settings from my rocked Fuze v1 does not result in anywhere near the same sound profile on the clip. I'm testing with the exact same headphones and audio file so it's definitely not an auditory hallucination.

It's not a huge deal, as I can tweak the clip settings individually, but it's my understanding that the DAC and general sound hardware is identical between the two units, so I was surprised to hear such a major difference. Could this be a result of the early state of the port?

Either way, it's wicked cool to have as much progress as there is currently. I wish I could help, but about all I have the competence to do is work on a WPS.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
As I asked when you posted this in the Rockbox forums, does holding down the Stop (Home) button to stop playback (rather than pausing it) not do the same thing?
i dont think so frnd.Perhaps that would take u to quick acess menu if u hold home button while playing song

Old 08-05-2009, 02:20 AM

the key is "stop playback" option if u wnt to change song in the middle.It could be also accessed from some game and app menu.Pausing ur previous song to play another song will not help

Old 08-05-2009, 04:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanuj View Post
i dont think so frnd.Perhaps that would take u to quick acess menu if u hold home button while playing song
Interesting. On my Rockboxed Fuze, it's the Select (center) button which brings up the Context Menu. A long-press of the Home button stops (not pauses) playback. I didn't expect the keymap for the Clip to be different. Thanks for the clarification, frnd.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
Interesting. On my Rockboxed Fuze, it's the Select (center) button which brings up the Context Menu. A long-press of the Home button stops (not pauses) playback. I didn't expect the keymap for the Clip to be different. Thanks for the clarification, frnd.
in clip also pressing the center button takes u to context menu,but the home button takes u to quick acess menu.I thought u were using rockboxed clip ,so i was wondering how u "stop playback" using home button.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:09 PM

Two quick questions:

1) Is there another, better place to be discussing experiences/problems with the clip builds so far? I took a look at the forums over at rockbox.org, but there's just one monster thread that I am not sure is appropriate for comments.

2) Does anyone running rockbox on clip know where the clock adjustment is at? Maybe I am a moron, but I can't find it on mine!