android
Old 08-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaneu View Post
Two quick questions:

1) Is there another, better place to be discussing experiences/problems with the clip builds so far? I took a look at the forums over at rockbox.org, but there's just one monster thread that I am not sure is appropriate for comments.
Unless you're doing development, these forums are probably better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaneu View Post
2) Does anyone running rockbox on clip know where the clock adjustment is at? Maybe I am a moron, but I can't find it on mine!
System > Time and Date.

For things like this, you can look at the e200 manual. Unless a feature is specific to the clip/e200, it should be the same on both players.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-06-2009, 02:38 PM

Thanks for the reply!

I will keep my comments here until an official test build thread opens up on rockbox.org.

I WAS a moron - time & date was where it should have been, but because it was in the yellow portion of the clip's display, I totally missed it.

I am indeed familiar with the manuals, and have been using rockbox from my old v1 e280 through v1 fuze and now clip.

Anyhow, thanks again!

Old 08-09-2009, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
That optimization moves tables used for low bitrate files into faster IRAM rather then DRAM. However, the clip has so much IRAM and so little DRAM that the entire Vorbis codec is loaded into IRAM.

Codecs don't currently work on the ClipV2, but it will probably work the same as the V1, since IIRC the V2 has even more IRAM.
Ah, that's interesting information, thank you for your reply.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:32 PM

Any news?

I hope not everybody forgets about the clip just because the clip+ came out.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alohamora View Post
Any news?
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/SansaAMS
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/SansaClip

Old 09-10-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
No, and in fact, we don't even know what V2 clips are, since no one has opened one.
Seriously??? Damn I just swapped a v2 8gb clip into a v1 light pink shell for my GF. I totally would have taken detailed pics if I knew you guys didn't have them already!

PM me if you really think the pics would be helpful. I'd be happy to open it back up and snap away.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:03 PM

You quoted a post from last December... in the meantime they do know what's inside the v2 Clip.

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/vie..._firmware_file

Old 09-13-2009, 08:01 AM

Is anyone else having problems with the FM radio working in Rockbox with the Clip? According to the Rockbox website, the FM radio is working on these development builds with the Clip. However, everytime I select FM radio from the main menu, the Clip just locks up.

I'm running the Bootloader (r21620-090703) that dfkt posted on page 19 of this thread and build r22694-090913.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:34 AM

On that note.. here's a new bootloader: r22695-090913-1.1.32a-dual_boot.zip

FM radio crashes my Clip as well, by the way.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:24 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Thanks for the latest bootloader--just wish a port could be completed! Matters looked so promising at the beginning of the year--

Old 09-16-2009, 06:54 PM

hello

i want to know if all this effort to rockbox the sansa clip is valid to sansa clip+ too

also, i want to know if developers are working for v1 and v2 clip/clip+

thx
Koss Porta Pro 25th Anniversary Edition
Sennheiser MX471

Old 09-16-2009, 08:30 PM

and i almost forgot, do the clip/clip+ rockbox versio get the lastfm scrobbler?
Sennheiser MX471

Old 09-16-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boechat View Post
hello

i want to know if all this effort to rockbox the sansa clip is valid to sansa clip+ too
We don't know anything about the Clip+ yet since sandisk hasn't released a firmware update. It probably very similar to the Clip V2 though judging by the pictures on these forums. Whenever an update comes out people can start working on it if they want.

Quote:
also, i want to know if developers are working for v1 and v2 clip/clip+
See http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaAMS

Old 09-17-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
We don't know anything about the Clip+ yet since sandisk hasn't released a firmware update. It probably very similar to the Clip V2 though judging by the pictures on these forums. Whenever an update comes out people can start working on it if they want.

See http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaAMS
thanks. but do you think it is unlikely that they release fw updates for clip+, since they do not release updates for clip anymore?

and if they release an update, normally you devs spend how many time on creating a new rockbox version from scratch?

and more, why do they need to release an update for you guys start to work on it? it just sound weird to me.

from here to 2010, which one would you recommend? clip or clip+?

thx!
Sennheiser MX471

Old 09-17-2009, 11:35 AM

Quote:
and if they release an update, normally you devs spend how many time on creating a new rockbox version from scratch?
Depends on how similar it is to an existing target, how many people work on it, etc but maybe a year or so from whenever work gets going.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

SanDisk almost certainly will be releasing firmware updates for the Clip+; it hasn't done so yet, as the Clip+ just came out. The reason there will be few, if any, more updates for the Clip is that the Clip+ will be replacing it in the marketplace. If you were only looking at the SanDisk players alone as to what to buy, at this point, you likely would want a Clip+ over the Clip, given its many advances and future support. If you are looking to put Rockbox on the player, it almost certainly will first come to the Clip over the Clip+, assuming that a release version gets perfected.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerman View Post
SanDisk almost certainly will be releasing firmware updates for the Clip+; it hasn't done so yet, as the Clip+ just came out. The reason there will be few, if any, more updates for the Clip is that the Clip+ will be replacing it in the marketplace. If you were only looking at the SanDisk players alone as to what to buy, at this point, you likely would want a Clip+ over the Clip, given its many advances and future support. If you are looking to put Rockbox on the player, it almost certainly will first come to the Clip over the Clip+, assuming that a release version gets perfected.
Agreed, even the clip v2 should get it before the "plus."

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 09-17-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerman View Post
good point, but, even without a final version, do the rockbx versions features plugins like scrobbling? or its one of the things that comes last?

i think its not bad to use rockbox on its early versions since it has the features you need. They even mentioned GAMES on clip, so i think this is a pretty simple ''plugin'' to make
Sennheiser MX471

Old 09-17-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
good point, but, even without a final version, do the rockbx versions features plugins like scrobbling? or its one of the things that comes last?

i think its not bad to use rockbox on its early versions since it has the features you need. They even mentioned GAMES on clip, so i think this is a pretty simple ''plugin'' to make
I don't know about the scrobbling as I've never used it, but games work fine on my rockboxed clip and I can even play tunes at the same time. Not that I do this all the time, but I've certainly tested it out a lot and I've only run rockbox on mine since I installed it, can't remember how long ago, but seems like a year and the builds have gotten much better.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 09-18-2009, 05:20 PM

boechat - scrobbling works fine on the v1 Clips.
I upload to last.fm by using dap-scrob by Paul Stead.