android
Old 10-24-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
http://www.duke.edu/~mgg6/rockbox/rockbox_move_handle_v1.7z

I compiled the latest buffering patch if anyone wants to try it. No logging in this build, just fixes for low memory buffering. No idea how much of a difference it will make, but matsch seems to think he improved it a lot.
Thanks saratoga. This build seems to be have a stable playback. The older one would chrash on flac playback, but this one seems to handle it quite well.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-24-2009, 04:33 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Huh now I'm getting data aborts too in the buffering code. Probably a mistake somewhere in the patch.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:39 AM

hey guys,
i ve finally managed to get rockbox working on my 2gb clip.i m using the rockbox version r22777-090921 and r22695-090913-1.1.32a-dual_boot if i am not mistaken.and i havent had the chance to try it for a while but the run time is 50 mins and it froze once.for the last hour i have been playing with it,skipping, fast forwarding and nothing happened yet.and if it did i wouldnt mind cause i loved rockbox)but i have a question.when i am listening the artist name line has a line on it and kinda makes it hard to read.is there anythinng i can do about it playing with the settings?if not i'd still dont mindthank you guys.happy clippin')
CX 200 Street II

Old 11-06-2009, 12:03 PM

I'm using larger font on mine if that's what you mean?

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 11-06-2009, 12:51 PM

I assume he's talking about the empty space between the yellow and blue part of the OLED screen. Indeed, just use a different font size, or use the WPS I specifically made for the Clip: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/sho...&postcount=192

Old 11-06-2009, 06:06 PM

Smile

thank you dfkt man you ve helped me a lot many times so my "thank you"s will never be enough.and i have to say that your wps is the best i ve seen so far.sorry about that rockbox developers please dont think i dont appreciate your excellent work.thank you guys as well.now i have to figure out all the settings and how they work

and my play time reached to 3 hours and had 3 crashes but i guess it is ok cause i played with it constantly.i ve never had a crash while skipping or ff but had one when i paused and when i entered dithering i guess.forgot the other one though.i d better learn how to send the log file i guess.

anyways i m happily rockboxed
CX 200 Street II

Last edited by boreas; 11-06-2009 at 06:11 PM. Reason: addition to the text

Old 11-06-2009, 06:17 PM

You're welcome.

Well, the Cabbie theme is the default on all Rockbox ports. I find it doesn't work well on monochrome screens with tiny resolutions as well (or even the Cowon X5). Maybe they change the default theme to something more suited for the few pixels of the Clip once the port is stable. I guess that's rather low priority for the developers at the moment, though.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:22 PM

Yeah you are right,it is a minor thing.and to be frank it is stable enough for me hehe.
CX 200 Street II

Old 11-06-2009, 06:25 PM

You're using a bit of an outdated build with r22777. Maybe try the builds Saratoga posted some pages earlier in this thread. I've had great results with his "Clip logging v2/3" builds (not so much luck here with his "Move handle" build). For me they crash maybe once a week, instead of once per hour.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:36 PM

i know i wanted to try it but i couldnt understand how to install that build.when i open the link the page is full of all characters that make no sense to me.i am just an amateur user and it casued firefox to crash. dunno why or how
CX 200 Street II

Last edited by boreas; 11-06-2009 at 06:37 PM. Reason: addition

Old 11-06-2009, 06:42 PM

Right-click and "save as". They're .7z archives and can be extracted with either 7zip or Winrar.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:02 PM

oh once again silly mei knew it was me being not so smartthank you.i ll try it first thing in the morning and let you guys know how it works.
CX 200 Street II

Old 11-07-2009, 05:44 AM

i guess i ve done it.in the system the version number is r22873m-091002.i ll try it during the day.
CX 200 Street II

Old 11-09-2009, 10:38 AM

today while i was listening(was not playing with my clip)it started to skip tracks all of a sudden.it skipped 3 or 4 tracks then continued to play.after that a couple of minutes later(again no playing with it)it made a scratchy noise and froze.the light was on and i hardly turned it off.and it was painful to hear that noise i have to say.still rockbox rocks)
CX 200 Street II

Old 11-13-2009, 04:31 PM

Well, just got a little sansa clip 2gig.t version # is V01.01.32A. Any chance of Rockbox working on it? BTW, what is the best way to keep my podcast synced on this? As of now, all my podcast are handled by the Zune sofware, so they are all into one folder. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Old 11-13-2009, 04:36 PM

Yes, Rockbox works on this V1 Clip.

Since the Zune software isn't compatible with AnythingButZune, you have to find a different, more open way to manage your podcasts, via MSC transfer.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:03 PM

Autodetect does not seem to work. What would be the alternative way of installing?

Old 11-13-2009, 07:38 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakkar View Post
Autodetect does not seem to work. What would be the alternative way of installing?
There is no installer for the clip. Instead, check out the install directions here:

http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaAMS

If you're not into compiling, scroll up, someone posted a bootloader.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:17 PM

Well, no success still. I've looked and my Sansa is listed as an M350, firmware v.01.01.32A. I can install the software part on the clip, but not the bootloader.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:06 PM

Success! I now have to see how stable it will be. Sure lots of options! Any ways to make the menu bigger? The script is tiny. Also, radio not functional. When I plug it in the computer, it goes back to MTP. Any way to change that?