android
Old 12-01-2008, 03:25 PM

Default Cowon O2 audiobooks and bookmarks

“Recent Files” menu item. An improvement over D2. It will list all the recent files, the date one was using them and progress. You can then resume watching at the point where you left off. Does this also go for mp3 files or is it video only? Will it then resume to the next item in the folder?

Upon shutdown will the player remember where you were and start up where you left off?<O</O
<O</O

Bookmarks – upon accessing a bookmark and finishing the mp3 file will the player resume playing from the same folder?<O</O
<O</O

I am assuming that the player can normally play an entire folder of mp3 tracks sequentially. Is this correct?<O</O
<O</O

Thanks!<O</O
</O

</O

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-02-2008, 10:37 PM

1. audio files and ebooks are both "bookmarked" in the recent files folder along with video files.

2. Your spot will be remembered on shutdown, but you'll have to go into the recent files folder and start the audio up from there - it won't automatically be playing when you boot up. Not sure if opening the track from the browser will take you to the "saved" point or not.

3. Yeah, it does.

4. Yup, it'll play sequentially and you can set the boundaries to single track, folder, or all. You can also decide if you want to shuffle the tracks or not.

Hope this is of help.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitkat973 View Post
1. audio files and ebooks are both "bookmarked" in the recent files folder along with video files.

2. Your spot will be remembered on shutdown, but you'll have to go into the recent files folder and start the audio up from there - it won't automatically be playing when you boot up. Not sure if opening the track from the browser will take you to the "saved" point or not.

3. Yeah, it does.

4. Yup, it'll play sequentially and you can set the boundaries to single track, folder, or all. You can also decide if you want to shuffle the tracks or not.

Hope this is of help.
Thanks a bunch! I spent an ungodly amount of time reading reviews about O2 and other players. No mention about their performance as audiobook players. One reviewer is recommending as good audiobook players machines that have no autoresume functions whatsoever or bookmarking. Good luck with that. I really like the recent file feature (auto bookmarking?) as I often jump between a couple of audiobooks and music and I never set bookmarks myself. Uh, it's too hard I need the autoresume feature for serious listening. It would be nice if it could be set to autoresume immediately upon booting but as long as it remembers where I left off I can live with having to make a few taps on the screen. The seek bar and the recent file feature more than make up for this. In addition to this I might get a small zen for its instant gratification autoresume function when I'm listening to very long books.