android
Old 10-29-2006, 07:06 PM

Default Recording from cassette?

iAUDIO provides direct encoding by which you can record output from an external audio device at a 1:1 ratio. This means that you can connect the recording terminal and the output terminal of an external audio device with a bi-directional stereo cable for recording. Using this feature, you can receive the direct input from audio devices such as a walkman, MD (mini disk), old LP phonograph, or TV, and record them with iAUDIO.
---

Can I record from my cassette player? Does it automatically transfer into mp3 format in the IAudio player? If so then what cable do I need?

I was looking for 'bi-directional stereo cable' on ebay but couldn't find it. I haven't received my x5 yet so maybe it already comes with the cable?

Peace!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-09-2006, 10:05 AM

Yes, no problem recording from any source to the X5. It gets converted to MP3, up to 320kbps.

You only need a cable with RCA-plugs on one end and a 3.5mm-plug on the other.
Connect this from the output of the tapedeck to the line-in of the X5's subpack.

Old 11-11-2006, 07:25 PM

thanks alot man, this Iaudio machine is da bomb!

Old 12-04-2006, 02:25 PM

dfkt, I did exactly as you per your advice but for some reason my Iaudio keeps recording in the Mic mode and not directly from the tape deck. Any advice?

Thanks

Old 12-04-2006, 03:23 PM

Switch to "Line-In recording" mode, not "Voice recording" - press the joystick for ~3 seconds and change the mode.

But first you might change the quality of the recording: go to "Settings > Recording > Line-In kbps" and change it to 192k, for example. That should be good enough for recordings from old tapes. You can go up to 320k, but that might be overkill.

Old 12-04-2006, 05:26 PM

Thanks! I didn't even know about that.

Old 12-04-2006, 06:30 PM

You might want to take a look at the manual then first...

Old 12-05-2006, 11:11 AM

You are right, I totally skipped the manual like I always do

Old 12-05-2006, 12:24 PM

I usually don't read that stuff either, but the X5 really is a complex piece of gadgetry... not all it can do is obvious at the first glance.