android
Old 12-05-2008, 04:26 PM

Unhappy Is it really worth it?

Hello,
I've been visiting this website for quite a long time, but never decided to register.
I finally registered.

Anyways, I was wondering, whether to get a P3 or not, yes, I know there are a lot of threads with the similar question, but, I ask.
Should I get a P3 or a P2? I'm not too sure if I should wait for it or not.
Currently, I have a Samsung YP-T9, and it's been with me for quite a while. Very. Well built.
But I need a new Mp3 now, it's not because it's broken, but simply because it doesn't have the memory capacity I need.
So that brings me back to whether or not I should get a P2 or wait for a P3.
Many people have said that the P3 has nothing special, and other people should just stick with the P2, but I don't know whether they are implying it to the people that already own the P2 or not.

I WOULD get the P2, but I don't know whether the P3 is going to have a sudden upgrade of stuff. So that is what holds me back from buying a P2. Also many other variables.

So, I ask you,
Is it worth the wait for a P3? Or should I buy a P2? Is the haptic control a good enough reason to buy the P3? Explain.

Money is not a problem.

Thanks in advance,
Fai

*EDIT*

I look for things such as :

* Nice UI
* Many applications
* Good sound quality
* Assessories
- Things it comes with
- Buyable assessories
* Reasonable Playback time
- 30+ hours of audio
- Reasonable Recharge time
* Nice overall look / design
- Slim, many colours.
* Study
- Not too fraglie
- Survives drops
* Reasonable price
- $150 ~ $250, CAD

I made this thread because I couldn't really find enough information on what the P3 is like, all I could find were pictures, and a video in this sub-forum. So, if you have any information about the P3 other than Haptic, feel free to post it.

Yes, my english sucks.

SELLING ZuneHD16GB.
.....'perfect condition'....

Last edited by Transcend; 12-05-2008 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Assassassin

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-05-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transcend View Post
Hello,
I've been visiting this website for quite a long time, but never decided to register.
I finally registered.

Anyways, I was wondering, whether to get a P3 or not, yes, I know there are a lot of threads with the similar question, but, I ask.
Should I get a P3 or a P2? I'm not too sure if I should wait for it or not.
Currently, I have a Samsung YP-T9, and it's been with me for quite a while. Very. Well built.
But I need a new Mp3 now, it's not because it's broken, but simply because it doesn't have the memory capacity I need.
So that brings me back to whether or not I should get a P2 or wait for a P3.
Many people have said that the P3 has nothing special, and other people should just stick with the P2, but I don't know whether they are implying it to the people that already own the P2 or not.

I WOULD get the P2, but I don't know whether the P3 is going to have a sudden upgrade of stuff. So that is what holds me back from buying a P2. Also many other variables.

So, I ask you,
Is it worth the wait for a P3? Or should I buy a P2? Is the haptic control a good enough reason to buy the P3? Explain.

Money is not a problem.

Thanks in advance,
Fai
Well it all depends on your needs, and wants. If you really want a p2, or p3 then by all means get the p3. However I might be able to help you more if you tell me what want in an mp3 player.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:07 PM

There I editted it for you.

SELLING ZuneHD16GB.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:50 PM

Only the p3 has apps. The p2 has app-like features but it's not going to have nearly as many as the p3 will. The p3 in addition also has a built in speaker, A newer version of DNSE, Apps, Aluminum instead of plastic casing, Haptic, (A better screen-I'm told, Don't necessarily believe it), And a new GUI that looks a lot more in depth and looks similar to Vista. The p4 might be the one worth waiting for but i doubt it will be released until maybe July or so (just guessing) I got the feeling that it will be released alongside the p3 maybe just a little later rather than an upgrade but who knows. I Love my p2 but if i were in your situation i'd get the p3. Only a month ;-)

SDK!!!!!

Old 12-06-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
There I editted it for you.
Hmm, you might want to wait a couple of weeks seeing as the rumored "p4" might be announced.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassassin View Post
Hmm, you might want to wait a couple of weeks seeing as the rumored "p4" might be announced.
Yeh, but then the bluetooth might not work on the P4 either. I would wait until they get all the bugs worked out.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadstr View Post
Yeh, but then the bluetooth might not work on the P4 either. I would wait until they get all the bugs worked out.
What? The P4 hasn't even been released, there are no bugs!

Old 12-12-2008, 08:20 PM

P4 aka the Ghost DAP?

Seriously now, do you really think that Samsung would cripple potential P3 sales by announcing its 'successor' before the it (the P3) even hits store shelves ?

How Ridiculous!

(Unless I'm mistaken) The P4 is simply a series of B.S. pipe dreams concocted by those who feel that the P3 is not a large enough evolution of the P2.

Anyway... To Transcend, I offer the following:

Since there's nothing currently wrong with your Samsung T9, I suggest that you simply hold onto it until after the CES 09 announcements are made.

By then, your biggest decision might well be between the Samsung P3, Cowon S9 and Sony Walkman Touch...

Old 12-13-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post
P4 aka the Ghost DAP?

Seriously now, do you really think that Samsung would cripple potential P3 sales by announcing its 'successor' before the it (the P3) even hits store shelves ?

How Ridiculous!

(Unless I'm mistaken) The P4 is simply a series of B.S. pipe dreams concocted by those who feel that the P3 is not a large enough evolution of the P2.

Anyway... To Transcend, I offer the following:

Since there's nothing currently wrong with your Samsung T9, I suggest that you simply hold onto it until after the CES 09 announcements are made.

By then, your biggest decision might well be between the Samsung P3, Cowon S9 and Sony Walkman Touch...
If samsung does release a p4 it wouldn't "cripple" the p3 sales. It would be a higher end model, and wouldn't even compete with it.

Old 12-13-2008, 02:31 PM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post
You're mistaken. Me and Greg (the gmp3 admin) have good contacts at Samsung. No rumor, only right informations.

Quote:
It would be a higher end model, and wouldn't even compete with it.
That's true

Old 12-13-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
You're mistaken. Me and Greg (the gmp3 admin) have good contacts at Samsung. No rumor, only right informations.

That's true
Thanks, for proving my point.

I believe that DaHarder just got owned.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:25 PM

Thanks for all your comments, and yo've helped me quite a bit on my desicion. ;D

But within the past 2 weeks I think I fell in love...
with a lovely little player called 'S9'.

Thanks Thanks,
Fai.

SELLING ZuneHD16GB.

Old 12-14-2008, 01:44 PM

I'd get the P3, even though it's not much more than the P2. I doubt the P4 will be released soon, despite the fact that OLED technology has been around for over 20 years. The S9 looks sweet, but I feel more satisfaction using my P2 than any other player I have owned. It is by far the best MP3 player on the market, it does everything right. It froze only once on one of the early firmwares, and it turns on amazingly fast. Not many MP3 players have 256 MB of RAM. The player is constructed well and its music experience won't disappoint you. Samsung's DSNe EQ settings really make it stand out more than anything else, yet you can still enjoy features like voice recording and a dictionary (only on the KR firmware). If you want the best music experience on a MP3 player, get a P2 or P3!!!

Old 12-15-2008, 05:50 AM

What does "higher end" mean? iPod Touch-like features? Wifi, direct music download, web, 3rd party applications?

Old 12-15-2008, 06:26 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by attila_toth View Post
What does "higher end" mean? iPod Touch-like features? Wifi, direct music download, web, 3rd party applications?
Could be, but only time will tell!!!

Old 12-15-2008, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by attila_toth View Post
Well basically it will be a more expensive, but more feature packed item. If I had to guess then I would say a lot of itouch like features like wifi and the lot. But basically it means that it will be better overall.

Old 12-18-2008, 03:00 PM

@title: No, Wait for the p4.

SDK!!!!!

Old 12-19-2008, 11:39 PM

Thread closed plx. :x

SELLING ZuneHD16GB.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:32 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Thread closed plx. :x