android
  #21  
Old 01-07-2009, 08:10 PM
SBMongoos's Avatar
SBMongoos SBMongoos is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 423
Default

I converted a 90 min video to a format the SMC could handle. However after around 30 minutes it ended!

That's interesting. I thought this thing handled full length now. Whatever that actually is.

This is actually the video I refer to in post #18 above.
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #22  
Old 01-08-2009, 05:04 PM
sansaguy's Avatar
sansaguy sansaguy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 675
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBMongoos View Post
I converted a 90 min video to a format the SMC could handle. However after around 30 minutes it ended!

That's interesting. I thought this thing handled full length now. Whatever that actually is.

This is actually the video I refer to in post #18 above.
somewhere your messing up. I've watched movies on mine. No problems.
__________________
How I Roll:
Sansa e250v1 Rockboxed refurb
16GB microSDHC
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC
Reply With Quote

  #23  
Old 01-14-2009, 08:27 PM
SBMongoos's Avatar
SBMongoos SBMongoos is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansaguy View Post
somewhere your messing up. I've watched movies on mine. No problems.
What length were they and what was your process?

Thanks..
Reply With Quote

  #24  
Old 01-24-2009, 12:46 PM
TeshawnEdmonds TeshawnEdmonds is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBMongoos View Post
Anyone know what the maximum length of a video is that you can put on the Fuze?

I know the e200 series was what, 10 minutes or something.
I believe that your videos can be no more than about 35 minutes (0.35'00", H.MM'SS") or about 200mb. My old Sansa e200s can have videos up to 15 minutes (0.15'00") maximum
Reply With Quote

  #25  
Old 01-24-2009, 12:57 PM
zickZackMann's Avatar
zickZackMann zickZackMann is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 136
Default

Thats not true, I had videos with like 2h runtime on my Fuze. I don't believe there is a limit.
__________________
SanDisk Sansa Fuze v1 4gig + 4gig µSD paired with Sennheiser CX300 in-ears ||| EQ: 5, 0, 1, 5, 10
Reply With Quote

  #26  
Old 01-24-2009, 03:08 PM
sansaguy's Avatar
sansaguy sansaguy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 675
Default

I have an hour long TV episode on mine now (43 min.). ZickZackMann is right..your only limit is the size of your player. I too have played movies on my Fuze.
__________________
How I Roll:
Sansa e250v1 Rockboxed refurb
16GB microSDHC
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC
Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old 01-24-2009, 04:52 PM
SBMongoos's Avatar
SBMongoos SBMongoos is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 423
Default

What is your process? You rip the DVD directly using SMC or what? I've found that Sansa has some inconsistencies. These units should be pretty straight forward and simple.

I'd appreciate it if you guys would share your whole process. What software you use, etc.
Reply With Quote

  #28  
Old 01-24-2009, 05:32 PM
sansaguy's Avatar
sansaguy sansaguy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 675
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBMongoos View Post
What is your process? You rip the DVD directly using SMC or what? I've found that Sansa has some inconsistencies. These units should be pretty straight forward and simple.

I'd appreciate it if you guys would share your whole process. What software you use, etc.

I don't rip anything from DVD's...yet. The video I have is in .avi format to begin with. Then I convert from avi->mov with MediaCoder which is open source (mediacoder.sourceforge.net). My .mov file then gets dropped into SMC which converts and copies the video file to the player. Done!

Having said all of the above there is software on the MediaCoder site called MobiDVD (free version) that claims to rip DVD's to DAPs. I'm going to start playing with this software and see what it can do?. You might want to give it a try yourself. That's my process anyway.
__________________
How I Roll:
Sansa e250v1 Rockboxed refurb
16GB microSDHC
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Last edited by sansaguy; 01-24-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #29  
Old 01-24-2009, 05:59 PM
SBMongoos's Avatar
SBMongoos SBMongoos is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansaguy View Post
I don't rip anything from DVD's...yet. The video I have is in .avi format to begin with. Then I convert from avi->mov with MediaCoder which is open source (mediacoder.sourceforge.net). My .mov file then gets dropped into SMC which converts and copies the video file to the player. Done!

Having said all of the above there is software on the MediaCoder site called MobiDVD (free version) that claims to rip DVD's to DAPs. I'm going to start playing with this software and see what it can do?. You might want to give it a try yourself. That's my process anyway.
Nice. Keep me posted on the MobiDVD and how that works out for you. I don't do any of this on the laptop and I'm in the middle of a new build for my desktop.
Reply With Quote

  #30  
Old 01-24-2009, 10:06 PM
sansaguy's Avatar
sansaguy sansaguy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 675
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBMongoos View Post
Nice. Keep me posted on the MobiDVD and how that works out for you. I don't do any of this on the laptop and I'm in the middle of a new build for my desktop.
took the longest movie in my collection...TITANIC...3hrs.14min. Between all the conversions (3) it took me 2hrs.45min to get that movie on my Fuze. I know not acceptable. Anyway the results were nice video but a 2 second delay in the audio. Some tweaking is in order I guess. Video file size is just over 1GB.
__________________
How I Roll:
Sansa e250v1 Rockboxed refurb
16GB microSDHC
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC
Reply With Quote

  #31  
Old 01-24-2009, 10:11 PM
TeshawnEdmonds TeshawnEdmonds is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansaguy View Post
took the longest movie in my collection...TITANIC...3hrs.14min. Between all the conversions (3) it took me 2hrs.45min to get that movie on my Fuze. I know not acceptable. Anyway the results were nice video but a 2 second delay in the audio. Some tweaking is in order I guess. Video file size is just over 1GB.
Well, that's not bad, but I'm not taking chances in terms of playtime nor disk space. My longest video is over 32 minutes (0.32'10").
Reply With Quote

  #32  
Old 01-25-2009, 10:47 AM
SBMongoos's Avatar
SBMongoos SBMongoos is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 423
Default

That and I'm wondering if the success is based on the process and getting it onto the Fuze. Has anyone actually watched any of these movies all the way through? I know it might be painful with an audio delay but I wonder if the Fuze can actually play the whole movie. Not FF through it, etc. But normal circumstances.
Reply With Quote

  #33  
Old 01-25-2009, 06:18 PM
TeshawnEdmonds TeshawnEdmonds is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBMongoos View Post
That and I'm wondering if the success is based on the process and getting it onto the Fuze. Has anyone actually watched any of these movies all the way through? I know it might be painful with an audio delay but I wonder if the Fuze can actually play the whole movie. Not FF through it, etc. But normal circumstances.
The Sansa Fuze does have enough battery power to go at least the length of two movies or one movie longer than 2.30'00"
Reply With Quote

  #34  
Old 01-25-2009, 06:26 PM
SBMongoos's Avatar
SBMongoos SBMongoos is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeshawnEdmonds View Post
The Sansa Fuze does have enough battery power to go at least the length of two movies or one movie longer than 2.30'00"
Right. But my question above still stands.
Reply With Quote

  #35  
Old 01-25-2009, 08:15 PM
sansaguy's Avatar
sansaguy sansaguy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 675
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBMongoos View Post
Right. But my question above still stands.
My previous answer still stands. Even though there is a small sync problem with my converted video, I know that it will play all the way through (still testing), because all of my video's have played all the way through whether they have been ripped from DVD's or not.

And yes I have watched entire movies on my Fuze...beginning to end. The only limitation you have with the Fuze is memory.
__________________
How I Roll:
Sansa e250v1 Rockboxed refurb
16GB microSDHC
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 PM.