android
Old 12-08-2008, 07:55 PM

Default Zen V plus button problem

I've had my zen v plus for like a little more than a year and since a week ago whenever I try to scroll down with the joystick, it won't scroll down or it'll act as if I pressed it to go to the next page and if I try to go back with the button you use to go back it'll just go back and then quickly come back no matter how many times I press it and yeah the buttons are just kind of messed up. So I want to open it up like I just heard about and try fixing it but I'm also scared I might break it anyway. But I have a warranty from future shop, so I'm wondering if the store will replace it for me because of that specific problem? Or should I just try to fix it? So if anyone can please help me, that would be great thanks=)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-09-2008, 10:02 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome llamasaurus. If you have a warranty, try taking advantage of that first. If it doesn't work out, you can then try to open it yourself. To confirm the controls isn't a firmware issue, try booting into Recovery Mode to see if the controls act the same way or not. If they do, then yes, you may have a hardware issue with the controls. If they don't, you may just have a firmware issue that may be resolved by reloading the firmware.

Here is a video on how to open the Zen V if need be.

The joystick/controls may simple just be dirty and need cleaned. Check out this thread.

Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Tags
buttons, creative zen, zen v plus