android
Old 12-14-2008, 04:38 AM

Default Whats wrong with my ZVM?? :(

Hi all

Its been 2.5 years with my ZVM 30gb.. dropped it twice more than a year ago, but had no problems after that.

Recently, the battery life has taken a beating, and i'd have to charge it much more often.

Even more recently, what happened was, at least once a day, my ZVM would freeze while playing a song and i'd have to reset it(using the pin-hole)

one day, its suddenly stopped. i recharged it and when i switched it on, the blue light on top would turn on and the screen would get stuck on the ZEN screen. After another reset,the screen isnt even turning on!!

when i try to cahrge it, the blue light on the top keeps blinking, but the charging icon on screen doesnt appear

could someone tell me whats wrong? has the battery gone kaput? or is it the hard disk?? or loose connection?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-14-2008, 08:39 AM
Ultra Senior Member

It sounds like a battery issue.... I would start by looking into replacing the battery. Especially with the history you mention of having to charge it more often. However, I would not rule out a failing hard drive.... it is cheaper to replace the battery, so I would start there. See this thread for more information.

Zen FAQ

Old 12-14-2008, 11:06 AM

Hmm.. thanks BobbyRS.. i had been planning to change the battery/hdd earlier..this gives me an excuse... but getting those specific batteries/hdds to india will be a hassle PLUS expensive...

Old 12-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

No problem. Good luck with getting the battery.

Zen FAQ

Old 12-31-2008, 11:42 PM

An update from my end.

I let my ZVM sit in a corner till yesterday assuming it was dead.

then i thought might as well try it again, and connected it to my PC. the blue light was blinking, but that was it.
after half-an-hour or something, it suddenly powered on and synced to my pc!!

I was like "OH YEAH!! "

I did take a backup of the 25 gb on it immediately (though it took the whole night :| )

Its working like nothing ever happened!! even the song skips, video hangs, the screen freezes that used to happen, are gone!!
Will have to retest how the battery backup is..

Old 12-31-2008, 11:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

That's good to hear. Nice to see that you took advantage of the time and backed-up the files. So, not only is life back in the ZVM, but the problems are gone as well. Nice!

Zen FAQ