android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze > Sansa Fuze Firmware

Old 12-27-2008, 05:00 PM

The ability to connect to Free/Net/OpenBSD (which puke on the USB connection for some reason), and the ability to change the font, which is currently ugly as sin.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-28-2008, 04:08 PM

After doing a little poking around, I was able to fix connecting on OpenBSD at least by changing

#define EHCI_PORT_RESET_COMPLETE 2

to

#define EHCI_PORT_RESET_COMPLETE 2000

in /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/ehcireg.h in the kernel sources. It looks like other people have had this problem with no success, so maybe googling will turn this up in the future. Given that this is now a non-issue, I'm adding scrobbling to my firmware wishlist.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:21 AM

I think they should get rid of the video feature altogether and make it a dedicated music player.
The screen is too small to watch videos properly.
Id also like more wallpaper colours like the Zen Sleek, maybe a cover-flow feature, more ways to search though your music and an option to rearrange the menu (also like the Zen Sleek) would be nice.
What are the chances of SanDisk actually reading this?

Old 01-03-2009, 08:26 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimicitor View Post
I think they should get rid of the video feature altogether and make it a dedicated music player.
Id also like more wallpaper colours like the Zen Sleek, maybe a cover-flow feature, more ways to search though your music and an option to rearrange the menu (also like the Zen Sleek) would be nice.
Um, what are the chances of many other Fuze owners agreeing with you?

just in case, Sandisk does read this thread....I would like to vote AGAINST both of the above requests.

Thank you, Steve

Old 01-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimicitor View Post
Cover-flow??? If I'd wanted an iPod I would have saved up longer and bought one

Old 01-03-2009, 12:25 PM

I'll keep the video feature, thanks (great for Youtube and music videos). More customizable wallpaper options would me nice, though.

What other ways are there to search through your music (other than year)?
SanDisk Sansa Fuze 8GB (black)

Old 01-04-2009, 07:42 AM

Default More Custom Equalizers

Atleast 3(in total) custom equalizers, so that I can have more of my own presets.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zickZackMann View Post
I don't think this is going to happen - it took them 8 months to integrate Vorbis and FLAC support. Those are audio codecs, and for this player, video is considered a bonus feature. As a side note, DivX isn't that bad of a format, its quite nice actually if you take into account, that the Fuze doesn't got an Intel Pentium Inside™. Anyway - Rockbox will prob fix this .
I hear you. I'm pinning my hopes on Rockbox, since it's not even possible to take a video which works on a Fuze, put it in a new container, and have it work. I've seen some indications that people are getting closer to understanding this one, but I'm not holding my breath ;-)

Old 01-09-2009, 02:34 AM

I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but it sounds good to me. I'd like to see something like if you have pictures on your fuze you can set them as a background..kinda like the zune...that'd be kinda awesome..

Old 01-09-2009, 02:45 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidk47 View Post
Atleast 3(in total) custom equalizers, so that I can have more of my own presets.
This makes sense, if you have wildly different headphones you swap out.
My 3 sets certainly sound different from each other

Old 01-09-2009, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
This makes sense, if you have wildly different headphones you swap out.
My 3 sets certainly sound different from each other
Exactly. I have 2 sets of headphones - some cheap pair of Sonys and a Creative Aurvana X-Fi which for some reason sounds like crap compared to the Sonys. I don't know why. At the risk of going off-topic, I would like to know why there is so much distortion in my Creative in passive mode. How do I break these in to avoid it? Darn, at the moment, it seems like 230$ down the drain.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:13 AM

Would like to see Sansa put more though into the technical aspects of the player. Fuze has a lot of technical problems due to firmware as it stands now so there is a lot of room for improvement. Need to fix support for MP3tags, updating speed, organiztion of tracks on expansion cards.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:02 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbc View Post
Would like to see Sansa put more though into the technical aspects of the player. Fuze has a lot of technical problems due to firmware as it stands now so there is a lot of room for improvement. Need to fix support for MP3tags, updating speed, organiztion of tracks on expansion cards.
I think to say "a lot of technical problems" might be overstating the case a bit. Could you elaborate a little bit as to what problems you are referring to? I'm guessing the video playback is one, and that is a common issue. I assume that "updating speed" means database refreshing time? I shall be happy to discuss this with you, I just want to make sure I don't misinterpret what you are saying

Old 01-09-2009, 07:14 PM

Default YES The light behind the wheel can trigger a migraine!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapperSynth View Post
I would LOVE to see the option to turn off that darn blue light behind the wheel in the next firmware. When you're laying in bed, or on the bus late at night...that blue light will hurt your eyes like nobody's business. And I ain't even kiddin'. Lol. That was one feature on my Rockbox'd e200 I adored.

Waitin' for Rockbox for the Fuze...
I AGREE turn off the XXXX blue light behind the wheel, I get migraines, and I use the player at night with my audiobooks. PLEASE!!!! I love the player otherwise : - )

Old 01-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo3 View Post
I AGREE turn off the XXXX blue light behind the wheel, I get migraines, and I use the player at night with my audiobooks. PLEASE!!!! I love the player otherwise : - )
Sure it's not the headphones?

Old 01-10-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Sure it's not the headphones?
Why would the headphones affect the bright blue light on the wheel?

Old 01-10-2009, 02:10 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo3 View Post
Why would the headphones affect the bright blue light on the wheel?
What I meant was, doesn't wearing headphones bother you when you have a migraine?

Old 01-10-2009, 03:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I've heard of flashing lights and migraines but not steady lights. Since the blue light is only on when using the keypad (or whatever it's called), don't make so many changes.

Steve

Old 01-10-2009, 06:45 PM

I have to disagree with you. BRIGHT lights do cause migraines. Try the wheel light in the dark and you will see the BRIGHT light. It comes on bright and you have remaining flashes in your eyes (residual). If you don't understand that is okay. I still would like to have the option of turning the XXXX light off. :-)

Old 01-10-2009, 10:10 PM

Honestly, since when was a blue LED light termed "BRIGHT"? If that's so then why not turn off the LCD display as well, because that's also much "BRIGHTer"? I guess it's more a matter of personal taste. I kinda like the blue LED light coming on. After all, it does turn itself off, after a short time. It matches my black Fuze. Maybe you've got a color that doesn't go well with blue, like red, is that the case?