android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze > Sansa Fuze Firmware

Old 03-20-2009, 12:34 AM

Agreed... if you really hear this, try to get a warranty replacement. That is not what is supposed to happen.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-20-2009, 11:34 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouswonderer View Post
hahaha guys...

seriously??no one else has heard it???

its kinda like, occasionally when music is playing, out of nowhere it starts stuttering, and making this weird noise....

i guess siren is the best way to describe it, but...
That sounds a lot like your player/headphones picking up cell phone interference. Do you often keep a cell phone near your player? Does it use a GSM-based carrier (e.g. AT&T or T-mobile)? GSM phones often interfere with things like nearby speakers, causing them to emit a chirping, stuttering feedback sound. If that's what's going on here, I doubt a replacement Fuze will be much different. But I'd go for the replacement just to be sure.

Old 03-20-2009, 04:53 PM

I keep my ATT phone and my Fuze in the same pocket, and I never hear anything like that.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamtsims View Post
I keep my ATT phone and my Fuze in the same pocket, and I never hear anything like that.
Okay. Then all signs point to curiouswonderer's Fuze being defective...

Old 03-25-2009, 09:53 AM

Would still really like to see .mp4 .m4a support...

Old 03-31-2009, 12:21 PM

I would like to see a scan through song feature. I remember I had an e200v2 and it had it.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:42 PM

Support for h264 or xvid..
..hope so!

I want to convert videos with Linux/Windows with a better tool than the SMC! (SMC doesn't supports DualCore-CPUs? and it is really really slow!)

regards
aelo

Old 05-21-2009, 10:34 AM

another vote for gapless. Having this would put it in spitting distance of Rockbox territory .
Would be cool to be able to add/change themes (the blue gets old)

Old 06-28-2009, 04:23 PM

A lot of these suggestions can already be done in rockbox. I would like it if sandisk made an effort to help the rockbox development for their players like they did with the e200s

Old 06-29-2009, 03:07 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron424 View Post
I would like it if sandisk made an effort to help the rockbox development for their players like they did with the e200s
Dare to dream...

...But, for what it's worth, I agree with you.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron424 View Post
A lot of these suggestions can already be done in rockbox. I would like it if sandisk made an effort to help the rockbox development for their players like they did with the e200s
According to Daniel Haxx, who was there and is still very actively involved with the Rockbox Project this was the extent of Sandisks' contribution to the Sansa e2xx port. On that page he states:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Haxx
I just want to stress this since people continue to ask: We didn't get anything to help us actually make Rockbox to these players. We got two players, yes, but we got no info, no docs. No help at all.
Anyone interested can contribute that and much more.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Banned

the one thing I would really LOVE to see is .mpc(musepack) support, I really think it would kickass to have support for another open high quality per bit-rate codec, especially one that uses LESS POWER TO DECODE then ogg or mp3!!!!!

I love my fuze, infact I like it so much, I got my mother one recently

Old 07-19-2009, 06:07 PM

After power-saver makes the screen go dark and then any action (e.g. turning the wheel or pressing a button) makes the screen come back, the scrolling Album/Title/Artist display goes back to the original position. It would be very nice if Sansa fixed this on Fuze, so that scrolling continues where it left off before the screen went dark, which is how Clip behaves.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipuser View Post
After power-saver makes the screen go dark and then any action (e.g. turning the wheel or pressing a button) makes the screen come back, the scrolling Album/Title/Artist display goes back to the original position. It would be very nice if Sansa fixed this on Fuze, so that scrolling continues where it left off before the screen went dark, which is how Clip behaves.
The bigger question now is will there be any more updates at all.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
The bigger question now is will there be any more updates at all.
Why's that? Has there been chatter about SanDisk abandoning the Fuze?

Old 07-20-2009, 01:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
Why's that? Has there been chatter about SanDisk abandoning the Fuze?
Well, more so the Clip....it's been 5 months now since a f/w update for the Clip. But ever since the last Fuze update, the SanDisk people are rarely there in the forums, Fuze or Clip. And it seems with the V2 model Fuze there are more reports of the WSOD, although I still believe a healthy percentage of the errors people post about over there are in some way due to user error.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:03 PM

I am mega new to sansa players but the features from my dead zune that i would love to see on the fuze are being able to use pictures as wallpapers and the music pausing when you disconnect the headphones(if thats a software thing). and then a list or grid styled main menu(like the first guy said), full screen album art and i suppose gapless playback.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:26 PM

I hope that instead of only posting here what you'd like to see in upcoming firmware, all of us Fuze users are going to the Sansa support site, opening a support ticket, and letting them know you want it. We can all post forum updates all day long about, for example, how much we want gapless playback, but if we don't make this known in great numbers to Sansa, it's not going to happen.

So go here:

http://www.sansa.com/support/sansa_fuze/faqs

And in the contact area on the right, input your name, email address, and politely and clearly explain to Sansa how you'd like them to improve the Fuze.

A few days back, I put in this request:

"I would like to request the addition of gapless playback support on the Sansa Fuze. Is there any plan to incorporate gapless support into upcoming Fuze firmware releases?"

A day or so later, I received this reply from Sandisk:

"Unfortunately "gapless playback" is not yet supported on all Sansa Player's. I have forwarded your suggestion to the proper personnel for review.

As of now, we cannot give you any precise answer concerning the matter you have presented but rest assured that the assigned department will greatly consider it for our product improvement."

I don't expect that this will result in gapless playback being added in the very next firmware (or perhaps at all), but it certainly does more than simply wishing for it on a forum. The more of us that do this, the more likely it is that Sansa/Sandisk will make it happen.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:45 PM

How about the ability for the Fuze to pause/stop when the headphones are removed during playback? (e.g. dropping it while the earbuds/phones stay attached to your ear(s)).

Old 05-22-2010, 06:29 AM

Speaking as someone who now uses a Rockboxed Fuze v2 - the most important thing for me is cuesheet support. But I read on another forum somone said Sansdisk do not wish to permit cuesheet support because this would allow gapless playback and that would be a threat to the CD industry (not sure of why, or what Sansdisk's role is in that industry, but it's what I read - it may have been unfounded). But I'm guessing cuesheet support will probably never happen as they would have given it to us by now if they could - but in an ideal world I would love it.

Also APE and WV support would be great (Rockbox already has it). Incidentally, I'm finding the Rockbox to sound worse than the native Sansa firmware - it's less smooth and more harsh, even with dither turned on. So if Sansdisk would change their stance on allowing cuesheet support, I'm sure the native firmware would be more popular than Rockbox.