android
Old 12-16-2008, 10:49 AM

Default Strange mark appeared overnight on my ZVM

Hello all. Bought a refurbished ZVM 30GB and it has been working perfectly for me. Particularly impressed with the video quality. However, only a few days after its arrival, one morning when I looked at it, I noticed what appears to be a burn mark that appeared overnight on the machine. Measures maybe 6x3mm, will try to get a photo up later. It wasn’t plugged into the computer or socket or anything, I have no idea how it came to be there. The machine works as well as ever but I am worried that it may be symptomatic of an underlying problem with the ZVM, which is a refurb after all. I am just about still in the 30 day period but I imagine such a mark would be deemed by Creative as insufficient reason for a return.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome SRFC. Yeah, a picture would help. Where is the "burn" mark located? Are you having any issues with the ZVM?

Zen FAQ

Old 12-17-2008, 04:48 PM

Here's a pic. The machine is working fine so unless someone tells me the mark is an indication of a serious problem then I am inclined to let it be rather than go through the rigmarole of returning the zen.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:05 PM

i have a much similar mark on my screen but on mine its nothing other than just a blob? on the screen its just there but doesnt take away from the vid res .. as far as i no its nothing to be concerned with

Old 12-17-2008, 07:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It looks like a bubble in the finish of the ZVM just above the screen. I don't believe you have anything to worry about other then cosmetic.

Zen FAQ

Old 12-18-2008, 09:56 PM

that's a weird one. I wonder why it would just appear one day. Does the player have a really thin plastic film over the front (BestSkinEver or Invisible Shield)? Can you see any edges of such a film around the top sides of the player?

Old 12-18-2008, 10:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeah, like a snag in the skin or something... It looks like there is a screen protector on it.

Zen FAQ

Old 12-18-2008, 10:39 PM

well if that's the case, just peel that sucker off, clean it really well and put another on. Good as new

Old 12-18-2008, 10:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

That would be nice if that was all it was. Perhaps we will hear from SRFC soon.

Zen FAQ

Old 12-18-2008, 11:08 PM

I've never heard of a Zen getting blistered before. If it's not a skin, then this would have to be a chemical or temperature reaction, yes? Are there any resistors behind that part of the player? I don't know, just shooting in the dark.

Old 12-18-2008, 11:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I don't believe so. I think it is just were the LCD lays upon the mainboard (PCB). On the other side of the mainboard, in that area, is the connection for the hard drive. From the looks of the pic, the bubble looks like it was caused from something coming in contact with the exterior.

Zen FAQ

Old 12-29-2008, 11:40 AM

Was relieved to see these messages

Quote:
i have a much similar mark on my screen but on mine its nothing other than just a blob? on the screen its just there but doesnt take away from the vid res .. as far as i no its nothing to be concerned with

It looks like a bubble in the finish of the ZVM just above the screen. I don't believe you have anything to worry about other then cosmetic.
so went ahead and removed the "bubble", no mark left undermeath and the player has been working fine. For the record there was no screen protector on the zen at the time. Still have no idea how the mark came about. Thanks for all the help/interest!

Old 12-29-2008, 11:45 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Good to hear! No problem. Thanks for giving us an update.

Zen FAQ