android
Old 12-25-2008, 07:12 AM

Exclamation NWZ-S639F USB wont recognise..

Hiya I got a NWZ-S639F for xmas but i cant get it to be recognised on the computer. the instructions make out you just plug USB in and it will appear like any other USB device. on my computer when i plug in a pop up says 'New Hardware Found: MTP Device' but nothing else. If I look in device manager it keeps refreshing every 5 seconds with the MTP device looking ok then having a conflict then ok, etc etc. I've tried in my front USB ports and on my USB 2.0 ports which i bought separately. I've had no probs in past with my phone and previous mp3 player, i cant see what the problem is or what to do. when i put it in my friends computer, it says 'New Hardware Found: WALKMAN' then 'New Hardware Found: MTP Device' and seems to work ok. I've got windows service pack 2, i installed latest version of windows media player (not that that'd help). any ideas, im really not sure what to do? thanks a lot

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-25-2008, 02:05 PM

I have no silver bullets but I can offer a few things to try:

1) Reboot the computer and do not run any software until the initial usb mounting is completed.
2) Do not use a USB hub during the initial mounting. Once the drivers are successfully mounted, the hub may be ok.
3) Go to the device manager and see if there is a usb device with a yellow triangle on it. Delete the driver with the triangle and try again.
4) Disconnect other USB devices temporarly (except the keyboard and mouse) until the S639 mounts properly.
5) Try to mount it on another computer and see if that works. If it does, it probably some flaky windows issue on the first machine.

Once the initial mounting is completed, you should be ok.

Old 12-28-2008, 02:30 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Reset and reformat the player, as this is a problem that sometimes occurs w/the Sony players. It should solve the problem.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:37 PM

hi,

had this after i installed the LibUsb-Win32 driver/filter ( to use the Sony Sixaxis on the PC in my Case ) ... look for it under in your computer administration and deinstall it if you´ve got it installed.

cheers
neopac