android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P3

Old 01-09-2009, 09:48 AM

Ok, you're right^^
It's only good for games and i'm not THE gamer, which plays the whole day on a mp3-player...maybe just in school or somewhere :P

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Dang, 3 EXCELLENT players!!!! I'm a MOD and I'm CONFUSED!!!!

Old 01-09-2009, 11:12 PM

Default Samsung P3 Live @ CES 2009

http://www.viddler.com/explore/engad...deos/158/7.099

Old 01-09-2009, 11:36 PM

mjinga,

Saw that video just a while ago.. extremely annoying, she hasn't but a minimum of a clue about how to operate the player or understanding of it's features... sheesh....

Grahm's tweet about having played with the P3 and it not being as responsive as the Cowon S9, leads me to believe that my initial response to the P3 might have been unfortunately correct.. namely, nice GUI improvements but not enough of an upgrade to the P2 to sway me. It'll be interesting to hear more from Grahm on this issue/problem.

On the plus side, FLAC, h.264, metal body, built-in speaker, Flash support, DNSe 3.0 (improved?)...

Minuses, still no EQ available via BT , no improvement in touch screen responsiveness, lack of OLED ...

Last edited by Utew; 01-10-2009 at 12:02 AM.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:26 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeah, she's clueless in that video. You'd think that they'd provide a bit of hands on training for a demonstrator.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh1969pa View Post
A BT 2.1 player will connect to a BT 1.2 device. Don't get so hung up on the BT specification levels because they mean very little to you as a consumer. I play a BT 1.2 mp3 player thru a par of BT 2.1 speakers. My phone is BT 2.0 EDR and works just fine with a BT 1.2 hands free device.

Specs do have a meaning but if you don't understand them, don't worry about it.
I was actually referring to the grammar, not the specs. I could probably understand the technical stuff if the english wasn't obstructing the meaning.

Old 02-06-2009, 05:56 AM

When do you think we can anticipate more info on the P3(the 32GB unit in particular) for those of us looking to buy one in the u.s.?

Last edited by ImmaculateChimp; 02-06-2009 at 06:41 AM. Reason: i forgot to write something...

Old 02-06-2009, 04:43 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmaculateChimp View Post
When do you think we can anticipate more info on the P3(the 32GB unit in particular) for those of us looking to buy one in the u.s.?
the 4,8, and 16gb are coming out early this year, maybye this month even but I will write a thread on that, but for the 32 gb it will sell in Korea around the fall, not even to mention in America. So your looking at the 32gb coming out EVERY late in the year or in 2010. BUT then again I could be wrong but I do know that the 4, 8, and 16 will come out much befre the 32.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:11 PM

Thanks for the reply iOsasu! Ever since my precious(MY Preeeecioussssss<-Gollum voice 2GB Cowon iAudio U3 died(I still haven't had the heart to throw it away), I've been looking to buy a new PMP. I am trying to decide between the 32GB Samsung P3(whenever it finally comes out...), the 32GB Cowon S9(again, whenever it finally comes out...), or the 16GB Cowon D2(since there isn't a 32GB version, but at least it has an SD expansion slot). I'd add the Cowon D3 to the list as well, but for now it's little more than a myth. I wonder how the sound quality of the Samsung P3 is compared to that of the Cowon S9 & D2?

Last edited by ImmaculateChimp; 02-07-2009 at 09:00 PM. Reason: because "than" is spelled "than" not "tham"...

Old 02-08-2009, 10:48 AM

Default When?

How many people actually think the p3 is going to come out this month in America?

If not now then what is your idea on when it's coming out?

Old 02-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Samsung Moderator

They just wait for the Samsung Korea authorization and there are still some licence problems for divx.
Should come out middle of this month in France. Probably a bit latter in the USA as usual

Old 02-09-2009, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the reply iOsasu! Ever since my precious(MY Preeeecioussssss<-Gollum voice 2GB Cowon iAudio U3 died(I still haven't had the heart to throw it away), I've been looking to buy a new PMP. I am trying to decide between the 32GB Samsung P3(whenever it finally comes out...), the 32GB Cowon S9(again, whenever it finally comes out...), or the 16GB Cowon D2(since there isn't a 32GB version, but at least it has an SD expansion slot). I'd add the Cowon D3 to the list as well, but for now it's little more than a myth. I wonder how the sound quality of the Samsung P3 is compared to that of the Cowon S9 & D2?
The cowon s9 did come out (in America at least) for some some weeks now. And I mean officially too. lol

Old 02-09-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iOsasu View Post
The cowon s9 did come out (in America at least) for some some weeks now. And I mean officially too. lol
Yes, the 16GB Cowon S9 is out, but not the 32GB version. The 32GB version is, as far as I know, still TBA. If the Cowon S9 or the Samsung P3 had an SDHC(standard, mini, or micro, I don't care which..) expansion slot, I wouldn't mind as much, but I would like to have as much memory as possible available for an ever-increasing music collection(I also like using FLAC, which takes up a fair amount of space).

Old 02-24-2009, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Yes, the 16GB Cowon S9 is out, but not the 32GB version. The 32GB version is, as far as I know, still TBA. If the Cowon S9 or the Samsung P3 had an SDHC(standard, mini, or micro, I don't care which..) expansion slot, I wouldn't mind as much, but I would like to have as much memory as possible available for an ever-increasing music collection(I also like using FLAC, which takes up a fair amount of space).
Exactly, exactly, the 16GB space is not enough. I wish Samsung had bought Sandisk...

Old 02-24-2009, 02:57 AM

Did The p3 just recieve a SDK???

SDK!!!!!

Tags
ces 2009, cowon s9, itouch, samsung p2, samsung p3, video