android
Old 06-09-2008, 08:32 AM

Default grrr... stuck on "hour glass" screen.

i took out the battery, put it back in... nothing. hit the reset button... nothing. it will turn on once its off (taking out the battery or reset) but it wont turn off once its on. (without taking out the battery or hitting the reset) and when it turns on it just opens with the hour glass and stays there. any ideas? ive thought of smashing it with a brick. but seriously any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks folks. oh its a NS-DV4G and is about three years old i think. thanks again. wade.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-12-2008, 06:15 AM

i called the best buy mp3 player hot line (1-800-699-9218) and they couldnt help me because my player isnt under warranty anymore and they couldnt walk me through a total system reset because the computer will not recognize the player because of the screen its stuck on... they suggested that i take it to my local best buy and see what they can do for me... i will be doing that shortly and will post what comes of it for future reference.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:29 PM

there is a battery soldered onto the board. remove this and you'll loss you fm reception but the player will resume normal functions. It's a tiny hearing aid battery that costs about 2 dollars.