android
Old 12-20-2008, 07:17 AM

Default Is the P3 really slower than the P2?

I've heard a few rumors going around that the P3 has a bit of a slower interface than the P3, like the touch screen, having a delay after you select things. like *touch -music- *wait 1....2....* then it works...or what? i wouldn't think that the P3 would be slower than the P2, the P3 is supposed to be the successor to the P2....any ideas guys?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-20-2008, 07:45 AM

Well the P3 is a beta and it is new. probably will have firmwares to fix it up if there is a lag

Old 01-02-2009, 01:02 PM

It depends on how much RAM is in the P3 (I'm not sure how much it has, probably the same amount as the P2 I'd assume). The P2 has 256MB of RAM which is plenty for an MP3 player. The P2 is one of the fastest devices on the market, so I wouldn't be surprised if the P3 would be slower with all of its additional features and UI touch-ups.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mf1232 View Post
I've heard a few rumors going around that the P3 has a bit of a slower interface than the P3, like the touch screen, having a delay after you select things. like *touch -music- *wait 1....2....* then it works...or what? i wouldn't think that the P3 would be slower than the P2, the P3 is supposed to be the successor to the P2....any ideas guys?

This vid should answer your question..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LX1pMABjYo&fmt=18

Old 01-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iOsasu View Post
This vid should answer your question..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LX1pMABjYo&fmt=18
The P3 interface certainly doesn't look slow to me!!!!

Old 02-03-2009, 10:32 AM

I'm getting either a p2 or p3 the moment my card arrives... what's the current situation here? Can anyone who owns one say if there is still as much delay between pressing, say, Music or Artists and when the player responds? Videos I've seen seem to look slower than the p2. Not by a massive amount, but the p2 looks damn-near instant, which is a major plus for me. Does disabling widgets have any effect?

The P3 is about 20 quid more i think, and the only thing it seems to offer is a better screen and the swipey bar, as far as i'm concerned the rest is fairly irrelevant.

Cheers peeps

Old 02-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Man, fwiw, the P3 is a great player. Spend a few extra duckets and get it, you won't be sorry!!!

Old 02-03-2009, 01:37 PM

I'm sure its just lovely, but if there IS a significant delay, thats a deal breaker, especially as its more expensive. There definitely seems to be a pause when first opening Music (and when using the coverflow, but nobody seriously uses something like that to browse music). That's fine, so long as I don't have to keep pausing while i load up artists and songs...

that said, are you an owner?

Old 02-04-2009, 03:11 PM

Well, i caved and bought one it was in argos, i couldn't resist, especially with the playback speed adjustment which looks invaluable for dancing. To anyone else who's worried like I was- don't be. There are very slight waits before some actions, but these are unimportant and don't affect the usability of the player. They're also on par with the delays on, eg, an ipod touch2g. Haptic feedback seems to be so slight as to be unnoticed, but I'm not especially bothered about it anyway. Overall i'm pretty chuffed, the thing sounds great even with the bundled phones (got some sennheiser CX300 mark 2's on the way)

also, to any other owners- how creepy is that sheep video it comes with? *shudder*

Tags
p2, p3, samsung, ui