android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen V

Old 04-24-2007, 10:48 PM

Default Audible problem, cannot transfer files!

So I decided to try Audible, and see if I would like audio books. Installed their software, grabbed a book, and hooked up my Zen v+. The software detects it, and shows how much free space I have on it. BUT, when I try to transfer the books over, I get an immediate error that says transfer failed, please try again. I tried multiple times, with the same result. I also tried using the Zen explorer, but apparently aa files cannot be transferred in that manner. What is causing this?

Jive

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-25-2007, 07:37 AM

I had the exact same problem with Audible. Call the toll free Audible support number. I don't remember the exact fix, but it was just a few keystrokes. Yep, it was a real easy fix ONCE YOU KNEW WHAT TO DO. BTW, Audible was great. If it wasn't quite so expensive, I would have signed up on the spot.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:05 AM

Default does the V+ support audio books?

i am thinking about buying a V+ 4 gig and was curious if it would support bookmarking or something for audio books.

also, does the data port smell? because i love that about the creative products.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:15 AM
Ultra Senior Member

You can save up to 10 bookmarks, which is really handy when you're listening to more than one audiobook. Data port... I don't know about that one.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:56 AM

hm thanks.

will it also separate my audiobook mp3 files from my song mp3s? big reason why i dont keep them on my zune. because it does not support audio book and it mixes them all up and i always goto my song list and click play/shuffle all.

Old 06-29-2007, 06:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Audiobooks can be separated easily enough by putting them into a playlist, or giving them all the same genre, but the 'shuffle all' option will still include them on any player that uses tag-browsing. To avoid this completely I imagine you would have to have a player that uses a file browser, so that you can put audiobooks in a completely different location to your music.

Old 07-01-2007, 08:21 AM

how do i bookmark my spot on the player?

Old 07-01-2007, 08:48 AM
Ultra Senior Member

To insert a bookmark:
  • In the Now Playing screen, press and hold the Back/Options button and select Set Bookmark. Playback pauses and the Set Bookmark screen appears.
  • Select a bookmark number. Your bookmark is assigned to the selected bookmark number. If all 10 bookmark numbers have been assigned, you can replace an existing bookmark with the new bookmark.

To go to a bookmark:
  • Press the Back/Options button. You may need to do this more than once until the main menu appears.
  • Select Music Library Bookmarks.
  • Select the bookmark that you want.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:05 PM

Wink Audiobook suggestion!

I haven't tried Audible yet, because I don't want to pay (yet!). However my local public library has a link to free Overdrive Media audiobook and Adobe eBook downloads (R.E.A.D.S.). When we first got it, the selection was boring, mostly classics and self-help/religious. Now, there's a little bit of everything.

For audiobooks, you just: download Overdrive Media Console, pick your downloads (or reserve them if they're not available), check out, download them to the console, transfer to your player. 5 steps sound like a lot, but it only takes about 5 minutes once you've made your selections.

It does all the labeling for you, which makes it simpler than downloading audiobook cds. It even gives you book covers, like album art, after you run it through the Creative Media Organizer (at least I think that's what happened). It makes me so happy, I hardly listen to music anymore! By the way, I'm using Zen V Plus 4gb.

I believe most libraries use netLibrary. Just check your library's webpage, and enjoy!

Old 03-05-2008, 10:55 AM

Help Audiobook bookmarks not in right spot ?

Hi folks,
I download library books, convert them to mp3's and have put them on my new Creative Zen plus.
Unfortunately, two functions seem to malfunction. (1) I can't seem to scan past the 1 hour mark (where the progress bar stops) and (2) when I return to a bookmark, say, over 2 hours into the book, the time mark shows the correct time location, but the recording starts someplace else. (It usually seems to be back in the first hour. Any ideas?

Your help would be greatly appreciated since I use this as a way to keep awake when driving long distances.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

What program are you using to make the conversion to MP3?

Old 12-20-2008, 01:14 PM

Default Problem with transferring audiobook to my player

I recently purchased a Zen V plus so I could download audiobooks from the library. I have downloaded to my computer but can't get it to drag and drop so I can transfer it to my player. Can anyone help me. I'm really challenged when it comes to this new technology.

Old 12-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome diannel. I merged the thread with the existing Audiobook thread. So, you may want to give it a read now.

Zen FAQ

Old 12-26-2008, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diannel View Post
I recently purchased a Zen V plus so I could download audiobooks from the library. I have downloaded to my computer but can't get it to drag and drop so I can transfer it to my player. Can anyone help me. I'm really challenged when it comes to this new technology.
Hi, if your library uses Netlibrary or Overdrive the audiobook files are licensed (protected) and can't be transferred by drag and drop. I use WMP 11 to sync Netlibrary books (and Realplayer for my old Zen Nano) and the Overdrive Media COnsole for Overdrive books. Be sure you've opened the Netlibrary files in WMP before the transfer so the file's license can be downloaded.

Old 12-26-2008, 09:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandalynn View Post
Hi, if your library uses Netlibrary or Overdrive the audiobook files are licensed (protected) and can't be transferred by drag and drop. I use WMP 11 to sync Netlibrary books (and Realplayer for my old Zen Nano) and the Overdrive Media COnsole for Overdrive books. Be sure you've opened the Netlibrary files in WMP before the transfer so the file's license can be downloaded.
Great post wandalynn!

Zen FAQ