android
Old 12-24-2008, 09:40 PM

Default O2 Problem......s

When I took my new O2 out of the box the player did not want to go past the load screen..... contacted support and they told me to send it back..... but after a while the thing began to work..... Then I added videos, music files and some pictures... my experience until today was wonderful..... but..... just after I gave it to my wife today as a present..... the damn things touch screen did not want to respond!!!! How pathetic! very very very disappointed with COWON! and I believed this was a good product..... I will wait a day or two and see if it decides to come alive again.... then I am shipping it to be repaired! So FRUSTRAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! For a price tag of $300.00 I shouldn't even be worried with such problems.... for gods sake.. the crappy ipod touch does better and I hate apple! Dont make me think otherwise!!!!!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-24-2008, 11:15 PM

Have you tried a hard reset? Did you do a firmware upgrade yet? Why did you not send it in when Cowon told you to?

You can get an iTouch if you want....my daughter's on her 3rd one in just over a year. And the sound quality, wow.

And why do you feel there should be zero problems considering the $300 price tag?
Would it be ok if you only paid $100? Regardless of the price, some electronics are going to be faulty right out of the box. Thats why there's WARRANTY.

P.S. Just a fyi, there's a lock on the power switch and if you have that on, nothing will work. Any chance that is what happened?

Old 12-25-2008, 12:38 AM

I did all the steps that should have fixed the problem... I did not send it in the beginning because the problem was solved with the support team (primarily myself)... everything worked great. YES I do know that there are problems with electronics... my point is primarily about the problems that actually need to be faced with the O2 and many of them are the hardware.... I heard stories about DEAD O2's and O2's which died after people tried to put on a protection screen..... that is sad.....

Just wanted to share my problems that I had to face with the O2......

BTW Yosh70 I'm not that blind when it comes to electronics.... my hold button is not switched on.

Old 12-26-2008, 12:13 AM

Wow.....shoulda bought the Archos I guess.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosh70 View Post
Wow.....shoulda bought the Archos I guess.
An ARCHOS???!..... man..... those guys have wayyyyyyyy tooooooo many hidden costs..... and aren't all of their players hard drive based.....

Hard drive players = history (for me)

Old 12-29-2008, 11:11 PM

So it got SHIPPED BACK!....... Can't wait the exchanged one. I really like the O2... easy player to use... not to much BS.... great one for my wife... I would even like to get one..... Great player for someone like me who likes to download a lot of movies from the internet in various formats..... GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!

So don't get me wrong with the previous post.... I am still mad because it is frustrating.............. BUT the O2 is a great player.

I have the D2 and all the guys who still rave about it... well they are right.. its great... but stop the constant comparison to the O2.... O2 is what it is.... and I LOVE IT!!!!

Only little addition that I WOULD REALLY REALLY LIKE is a pdf reader!!!! PLEASE COWON!!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!

COWON is a great company, just some things need to be improved. There are always some problems to be faced.... its technology!!!