android
Old 12-26-2008, 09:45 PM

Angry Zen not being detected

I got my Creative Zen last Christmas and it has always been fine when I've been adding songs to it. All of a sudden, over the last couple of weeks, the computer has stopped detecting it - the player will charge but I wont be able to add songs or go to the Zen Media Explorer. I have tried reinstalling all the software and also downloading the latest firmware and also the MP3 recovery tool from the Zen website, but I cant use either of the last two as the player needs to be connected and the computer wont detect it. I need help fast as I am going away tomorrow morning and I want to put another 50 songs on it

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-26-2008, 09:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome AngryMan. How is the driver being reported in Device Manager? If it has an erorr over it, it won't be detected by any software. Do you see the Zen listed as a Portable Device under My Computer? When you connect the Zen to the computer, do you hear an audible notification?

Zen FAQ

Old 12-28-2008, 03:37 AM

Hi, I have the same problem with my Zen 15 GB.

I don't see it listed under my computer, but there still is an audible notification when i connect and unconnect it.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:21 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome Zavier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavier View Post
Hi, I have the same problem with my Zen 15 GB.

I don't see it listed under my computer, but there still is an audible notification when i connect and unconnect it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
Welcome AngryMan. How is the driver being reported in Device Manager? If it has an erorr over it, it won't be detected by any software. Do you see the Zen listed as a Portable Device under My Computer?

Zen FAQ

Old 01-01-2009, 01:17 PM

I'm undure why, but my Zen doesnt seem to show up in the Device Manager When I connect the player, in My Computer, Zen media explorer is under "other" but when I click on it, it says the player needs to be connected which it is, I dont hear an audible notification when I plug it in

Old 01-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Forget about any software right now. No software will detect the Zen until the driver in Device Manager is installed and loaded without error. The Zen should show as Creative Zen under the Portable Device (or Other Devices) category. If it is not showing this when the Zen is connected, then start checking the connection hardware. Try another USB port; ones in the back of the computer, not the fron case ports. Try another USB cable....

Zen FAQ