android
Old 12-27-2008, 11:43 AM

Default BBC iPlayer and Y10

Hi,

I have downloaded several BBC iPlayer programs for portable devices but I'm unable to play them on the Y10.

When trying to convert them to SVI in EmoDio it just brings up an error Direct Show Filter Error.

Has anyone been able to watch any iPlayer programs on the Y10?

If so how?

thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-27-2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige-b View Post
Hi,

I have downloaded several BBC iPlayer programs for portable devices but I'm unable to play them on the Y10.

When trying to convert them to SVI in EmoDio it just brings up an error Direct Show Filter Error.

Has anyone been able to watch any iPlayer programs on the Y10?

If so how?

thanks.
The Service is only Available to UK users and from what I have read they are DRM encoded.

This is what I read may be I am wrong.

The download service is one area of BBC iPlayer that has attracted a bit of controversy. That's because it is only available to people running Windows XP and Vista and uses Microsoft's DRM to protect the BBC content. Apparently downloads for Mac users will be made available later this year, but the move by the Beeb to employ Microsoft's DRM (digital rights managment) system has annoyed many in the UK. People can stream the content from any PC using a web browser.
The download service is one area of BBC iPlayer that has attracted a bit of controversy. That's because it is only available to people running Windows XP and Vista and uses Microsoft's DRM to protect the BBC content. Apparently downloads for Mac users will be made available later this year, but the move by the Beeb to employ Microsoft's DRM (digital rights managment) system has annoyed many in the UK. People can stream the content from any PC using a web browser.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:57 AM

the video files are drm protected and will need software to unprotect the file and then convert it

Old 12-28-2008, 08:14 AM

I am in the UK and I can download the programs to my vista pc and play without issues in media player but if I try to convert to .svi this is when I get the error.

I think the wmvs are protected by DRM but if this is the case why is there an option to download to portable devices?

On the list of portable devices supported it lists samsung p2 & q1 but not t10

Old 12-28-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige-b View Post
I am in the UK and I can download the programs to my vista pc and play without issues in media player but if I try to convert to .svi this is when I get the error.

I think the wmvs are protected by DRM but if this is the case why is there an option to download to portable devices?

On the list of portable devices supported it lists samsung p2 & q1 but not t10
Try the P2 and you must use MTP fimware as that supports DRM..

The P2 uses the same chips as the T10..

Old 12-28-2008, 06:44 PM

Windows Media Video DRM should be synced with Window Media Player. WMP can convert it into a format compatible with the T10 (WMV9, 320 x 240, simple profile)

Old 12-29-2008, 03:37 PM

I cannot see an option in WMP to convert it to those settings?

cheers.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:36 PM

And you won't...that is what it will be converted to. Just try it.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:00 PM

Hi,

I'm in the UK and I can't get BBC iplayer content to sideload to my daughter's yp-t10 either via WM11 v11.0.5721.5230 or Emodio. 1.0.4.4

Emodio reports "Error: Direct Show filter error"
WM11 doesn't say anything when transferring, but when I try to play the file on the T10, it says "Not supported format"

I spent a few hours sorting out DRM already, and that works now (file plays fine on PC) so I'm not giving up now

Old 04-16-2009, 04:27 PM

Default Hi! I'm from England, the UK. I have a YP-T10 (MTP).

Hi! How are you? I am from England, the UK, I have got a YP-T10 (MTP).

I have found my YP-T10 does not work in for example, in public libraries, it does not charge & I cannot find the drive for my YP-T10 (MTP) on the computer is it because it is MTP? At the moment, I can receive RDS.

How about UMS? At the moment, my Firmware Version is 3.03 EU 2008. 4. 22

However, the YP-T10 works normally at my home laptop running Windows Vista.

What is the best firmware version for me? I have read that the Korean version supports synchronized lyrics, that is a good feature to have to be able to display lyrics while I am listening to songs. How does it work? Is it for any mp3s? What languages of the lyrics?

What is the best firmware version for me? How can I change it?

Thank you in advance for your help. I am waiting for your help.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easynow8 View Post
I have found my YP-T10 does not work in for example, in public libraries, it does not charge
If it doesn't even charge, then it is simple: The USB-port is not powered/not connected to the computer at all. It won't work with any firmware then. No matter whether it is MTP or MSC, it will always charge when plugged in.