android
Old 12-29-2008, 03:39 PM

Default Sansa Clip & Audiobooks

Hi, I recently bought a 1gb sansa clip. I'm really happy with it, but when I upload audiobooks to it the sequence of the tracks almost always comes out wrong and it's pretty useless. Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm not into Audiobooks, but I know that one of the recent firmware updates improved audibooks, so you might want to research that.

Steve

Old 12-29-2008, 06:31 PM

i will try that, thank you...it's been a few months since i updated teh firmware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeZ5 View Post
I'm not into Audiobooks, but I know that one of the recent firmware updates improved audibooks, so you might want to research that.

Steve

Old 12-31-2008, 11:49 AM

Ive put audiobooks on myclip and it works fine. so its possible the firmware.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexchatbox View Post
Hi, I recently bought a 1gb sansa clip. I'm really happy with it, but when I upload audiobooks to it the sequence of the tracks almost always comes out wrong and it's pretty useless. Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks.
First, install the newest firmware. Then make sure your audio books are tagged properly, with the track number tag. Another good thing to do is to put the track number in front of the file name as well, like: "01 - Blah.mp3".

Old 01-02-2009, 12:40 AM

Talking join

What I do is join all the audiobook parts into one big file with the correct ID3 tag information(with a mp3 joiner utility). Then I copy it to Clip's audiobook folder and since the Clip bookmarks when you quit it I can have several audiobooks in progress at the same time. I have 4gb silver clip and it is fabulous!

Old 01-04-2009, 03:38 PM

I recently bought a Clip and have been trying to get Podcasts to behave reasonably. I have read through various other threads here to no avail. I have the latest firmware, V02.01.16A.

If I put them in the Podcast folder, they are sorted descending by Track No. Seems completely unreasonable but I read that it is working as designed. OK.

So I tried the Audiobooks folder. I can get the sort order correct now, but I cannot navigate to the next track simply by clicking >>|. Every track shows 1/1 at the top of the display. The track numbers in the tags are different (e.g. 1-4.)

Has anyone else experienced and/or solved this problem? I used MP3Tag to ensure that the Artist and Album tags are identical for all tracks.

TIA. I am so not a fan of this whole tag business!

Old 01-05-2009, 10:38 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The podcasts are sorted by date from what I have seen with my v1 Clip. I have not found out a way of fixing it myself.
Backup Players: 8GB Sansa View, 2GB Sansa Clip

Old 02-07-2009, 06:34 AM

Default audiobook file won't play

Hi,
I am trying to get a mergedmp3 audiobook to play which before the merge consisted of 29 chapters(files). But when I try to play it on the clip the player resets. Any ideas? The file size is around 700mb, plays fine on WMP but after transfer it baulks - once it looked like it was going to play, for a millisecond before crapping out. Is it overwhelmed or am I doing something wrong? I have tried splitting up into smaller chunks, about one fifth the full size but still to no avail. Is there an upper limit of the audiobook file the player can handle? Thanks.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:02 AM

I tag my audiobooks in foobar2000, I use an auto numbering option, it is in Properties -> Auto Track Number, then I fill the Album tag and then rename files to "01 Title.mp3" etc pattern. Everything just works, current chapter number and the total number of chapters are displayed correctly.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexchatbox View Post

Thanks.
open your audiobook files using windows media player. then click "SYNC" with sansa clip. I tried this with my twilight audiobooks with 198 files and it worked.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:09 PM

Default You can organize and manager audiobooks, podcast, & playlist.

I'd registered so I can reply to this.

Have your clip in MTP mode or auto detect.

When you plug in your player via USB open My Computer and open your Clip.

You should see a folder Playlist/Podcast/Audiobook/ect.

Open the folder on what ever you are going to organize.

You should see you files there. If not put them there. For example I took a daily podcast and place them in the Podcast folder. The I highlighted the files I wanted organized and right clicked.

You Should see Create Playlist in bold click and create one. Name it whatever. Once the Playlist is created right click the playlist file and go to properties. There will be three tabs. You'll want References tab, click that and all the song/files will be seen. Highlight the file and click on the arrows on the bottom to move it where you want to.

It is that easy. I just learnt that today...farting around. Hope it helps ya'll

Old 04-10-2009, 01:34 AM

I have a 2 gb sansa clip. I tried to put an audio book file into the "audiobook" folder but it would not even show up on my mp3 player. I also tried to put the audio book file in the music folder but it still doesnt show that the file exist on my mp3 player. BTW the file is a .mp3 file. thanks a lot

Old 04-10-2009, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansoman View Post
I have a 2 gb sansa clip. I tried to put an audio book file into the "audiobook" folder but it would not even show up on my mp3 player. I also tried to put the audio book file in the music folder but it still doesnt show that the file exist on my mp3 player. BTW the file is a .mp3 file. thanks a lot
Did you look under Music->Audiobook?

What firmware do you have? I can't remember for sure, but I think my 4GB initially didn't have the menu option. Even if it did, later firmwares greatly improved audiobook/podcast functionality.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:54 PM

i updated to the latest firmware. I could play the .mp3 music files but the .mp3 audio book still doesnt show on my mp3 player. The name of my audio book file is "01 Twilight Saga (Book 1 of 4) Twilight, Part 1.mp3". pleasseee help me

Old 04-11-2009, 05:01 AM

Are the files tagged?

Old 04-11-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
i updated to the latest firmware. I could play the .mp3 music files but the .mp3 audio book still doesnt show on my mp3 player. The name of my audio book file is "01 Twilight Saga (Book 1 of 4) Twilight, Part 1.mp3". pleasseee help me
You might try simplifying that crazy long file name. 01-Twilight-B1.mp3 or something like that.

Old 04-13-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
A few things to look for:

1) Are the files tagged properly, preferably with the genre being "audiobook"?
2) Are the files in the "audiobook" folder on the player?
3) Where are you looking for the files? If you have followed #2 above, it should be under Music->Audiobook ....somewhere...depending on your tags.