android
Old 01-01-2009, 11:45 PM

Default Bluetooth 2.1 pairing with Bluetooth 2.0

I heard it is impossible to pair BT 2.1 with BT 2.0 due to a regression in chips or something.

Is that really true? Cause I saw on one of the Korean sites that the P3 was paired with the same speakers they promoted with the P2.

I'm thinking about waiting for the P3, but on the other hand I want to upgrade my phone to the Samsung Omnia (which has BT 2.0) in February when my contract can be renewed.

So what should I do? Should I get the P2, which is cheaper and will pair with the Omnia for sure or should I wait for the P3 and get a different phone or something?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-02-2009, 12:29 AM

I have no idea about pairing with the bluetooth on the P3. I recently got the P2 and am loving it. The bluetooth works pretty well with pretty much most cell phones. Its pretty cool not having to hold your phone while driving or whatever.

Old 01-02-2009, 01:18 AM

Newer implementations of the BT spec (ie 2.1) are designed to be backwards compatible with earlier versions (ie 2.0). However the lower spec'd device profile will determine the extent of the features available.

But not to worry...
You should not have any problems pairing a P2 with an Omnia.. or the P3 either....

Old 01-02-2009, 09:15 AM

Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarburst View Post
I heard it is impossible to pair BT 2.1 with BT 2.0 due to a regression in chips or something.

Is that really true? Cause I saw on one of the Korean sites that the P3 was paired with the same speakers they promoted with the P2.

I'm thinking about waiting for the P3, but on the other hand I want to upgrade my phone to the Samsung Omnia (which has BT 2.0) in February when my contract can be renewed.

So what should I do? Should I get the P2, which is cheaper and will pair with the Omnia for sure or should I wait for the P3 and get a different phone or something?
Thats true I have seen it pair with the speaker used by the P2. I was reading the P3 bluetooth verification on bluetooths website and it said that it will be able to pair with devices that have 2.0 but anything lower i think your basicly screwed.

Old 01-02-2009, 02:36 PM

Thanks for the replies.

Is it possible to sync the P2/P3 to a bluetooth car by any chance?

Old 01-02-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the replies.

I yea theirs a youtube vid somewhere about the P2 but the P3 I dont know, but most likely.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the replies.

If you are referring to a car stereo that has BT, then yes. However it isn't a certainty with every BT-enabled stereo.. You'd just have to try it and see.

I had a conversation with a member of a Forum I used to Moderate and he had successfully paired his P2 with his car stereo.. though I don't remember what make/model of car stereo it was. If any of this helps...