Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2009, 04:19 AM
Default No Connection, No Sync

Before I even go into this I would just like to say thanks to all of you for all you do on this site. I have been reading all issues like mine for the past day or so while trying the fixes but so far nothing is resolved.

I have a Zen V Plus 4gb and it works great, on every computer except mine. I plug it in (on any USB port) and it is detected and goes all the way to where it is installing the MTP driver and then it just quits giving me the yellow "!" in device manager and code 18 saying to reinstall the driver. I have done just that many times. I have un-installed WMP 11 and re-installed wmp 11 a few times and still nothing. WMP 10 does not work and I have been unable to reinstall it because I keep getting an error saying it cannot be installed because of WMP 11! So, no help there. Creative software doesn't find it since it is never installed. I have updated the firmware on another computer and today I tried using MTP on a friends Sansa e280 and guess what it wouldn't work either! Something is up with my MTP drivers but I have not been able to find a single link to where I can download a fresh copy, only WMP 11.

I am running Win XP - SP3 - virtually new install of windows as well.

Please Help.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

creative, zen v plus, zvp