android
Old 01-08-2009, 08:59 PM

Default How to move CPU to CPU and keep ratings?

I honestly have no idea how this software works sometimes... I copied all the music files from PC1 and put them on PC2... then I plugged my Zune in PC2 and the songs in the collection did not have ratings. Will it work if I copy all the songs from my zune onto PC2? Will the ratings carry over? And then what will happen if I overwrite songs in the file? will the ratings dissappear?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-08-2009, 09:59 PM
Zune Moderator

I honestly don't know, I have never tried to copy files from computer to computer. I will try and remember to do this tomorrow in windows 7. I will see if the rating carry over.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:27 AM

AHH I can't stand it... Basically they would have carried over IF I copied my zune onto my new computer FIRST (so all you need to move all your ratings and music is your zune)... But I copied the folders and files from the HDD and copied them to PC2... then cleared my zune because of confusion when I synced to PC2 (seeing as it now sees doubles thanks to Zune and HDD folder copies)... Now whenever I sync up to PC1 (which has all the rating), my zune no longer gets ANY OF THE RATINGS. When I copied the folders, none of the ratings carried over either. Oh well at least I've learnt how to do it from now on... Just that there's a lot of songs I need to <3 again.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:28 AM

All I can say to you is beware...