android
Old 01-09-2009, 01:34 AM

Default Zen X-Fi won't turn on??

Last night the player was working until the battery died. I got the message on screen saying the battery was dead, so I plugged it in to charge overnight, then this morning when I tried turning it on, nothing happened. When I plug it into the computer, windows makes a sound (same as when I connect anything else) but creative centrale doesn't detect it. I tried leaving it plugged into my pc for a few hours to see if it needed a full charge, and still no change. It seems like the player is simply dead.

Has anyone else ran into this problem? Any suggestions on what I can do.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-09-2009, 02:46 AM

Get a pen and push it into the reset button.

Whilst pushing that in press the play/pause button, and keep both held in whilst you attempt to turn player on as normal by sliding power button on.

Should work.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:58 AM

Nope, the player still won't turn on. But each time I hit the reset button, windows plays the sound it makes when a device is disconnected, then seconds later, plays the sound it makes when a device is connected

Old 01-09-2009, 04:32 AM

Is it under warranty?

Old 01-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassShardx View Post
Any suggestions on what I can do.
Try leaving the Zen connected to the computer for about a day or so. Hopefully it will begin charging and eventually power on all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassShardx View Post
But each time I hit the reset button, windows plays the sound it makes when a device is disconnected, then seconds later, plays the sound it makes when a device is connected
That's because the Reset button actually cuts all power to the Zen, turning it off. Then since the Zen is connected, it detects power and powers back on, but apparently not all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyCH View Post
Is it under warranty?
All Zen X-Fi's should still be under parts warranty (1 Year). It was just released last July. Labor is only good for 90 days.

Zen FAQ

Old 03-24-2009, 11:49 AM

Hi all,
I bought my ZEN X-FI 8gb about 5-6 months ago. It has always worked fine UNTIL NOW.
I charged it yesterday evening, when the battery bar was full nd there was no lighting anymore i unplugged it. 1-2 hours later i turned it on for a few seconds without listening music, it seemed to be working good. Then i went to bed, when i woke up this morning... IT WAS DEAD. It doesn't turn on nor charge. I tryed to plug it on my pc (both XP and Linux) and/or to acces to recovery mode (Play/pause-reset-power switch) but it doesn't show the minimal life sign, not even a light. When i plug it on the computer windows system doesn't see it but it makes the sound of a USB plugin.
I will call CREATIVE LABS ASSISTANCE tomorrow and see what they tell me, eventually I'll send it to them.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfDeusc View Post
When i plug it on the computer windows system doesn't see it but it makes the sound of a USB plugin.
The Zen will not be recognized unless powered on either into Recovery Mode or into the Firmware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfDeusc View Post
I will call CREATIVE LABS ASSISTANCE tomorrow and see what they tell me, eventually I'll send it to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
Try leaving the Zen connected to the computer for about a day or so. Hopefully it will begin charging and eventually power on all the way.

Zen FAQ

Old 03-25-2009, 01:54 PM

I'll try, but it was fully charged... As I already wrote, I turned it on for a few secs, and then during the night it was off. Even if I forgot it turned on it would have idle shutted down.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:47 PM

My ZVM wouldn't charge on my computer unless the computer recognized it, but my computer wouldn't recognize it unless it was charged. Apparently Windows would cut power from the USB ports or something.

The solution I found was to charge it using another power source. I found that my TiVo had USB ports that would always stay powered so I used that. A few things that come to mind are the Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3 which all have USB ports. Also USB chargers are fairly common. Some USB ports may stay powered on some computers even when they're off too.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirudin View Post
My ZVM wouldn't charge on my computer unless the computer recognized it, but my computer wouldn't recognize it unless it was charged. Apparently Windows would cut power from the USB ports or something.

The solution I found was to charge it using another power source. I found that my TiVo had USB ports that would always stay powered so I used that. A few things that come to mind are the Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3 which all have USB ports. Also USB chargers are fairly common. Some USB ports may stay powered on some computers even when they're off too.

You could also have purchased the charger specially made for your device, from creative. Also, many mobile chargers also have the same charging port as the zen (x-fi and may be zen as well).