android
Old 01-09-2009, 02:44 PM

Default 16gb Fuze

I was at best buy yesterday, and saw the price tag for a 16gb fuze there. It was under sansa view display was, but the price was 189.99.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-09-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by korn_thoughtless6 View Post
I was at best buy yesterday, and saw the price tag for a 16gb fuze there. It was under sansa view display was, but the price was 189.99.
it must have been a 16GB View...there is no 16GB Fuze out yet.
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 01-09-2009, 09:26 PM

Keyword:

Yet...

Old 01-10-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansaguy View Post
it must have been a 16GB View...there is no 16GB Fuze out yet.
The Clip had to go to V2 for 8GB....maybe the V2 Fuze is for a future 16GB or (gasp!) 32GB model.

If I could fit 100+GB on a Fuze, I could die happy. Not now, but later, I'd like time to enjoy it, after all.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkj1962 View Post
The Clip had to go to V2 for 8GB....maybe the V2 Fuze is for a future 16GB or (gasp!) 32GB model.

If I could fit 100+GB on a Fuze, I could die happy. Not now, but later, I'd like time to enjoy it, after all.
I just want a 16GB card like you have and a 4GB Clip too

Old 01-13-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post

it looks like 16gb microsd cards are available now

Old 01-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliofromny View Post
They are.....they're just a little outside my budget right now

Old 01-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Damn right. That link is to an $84 Canadian card that doesn't even show what class it is. Presumably class 2.

I only paid $70 Cdn for my 8GB Fuze. And an extra $7 for the 1GB car.

Steve

Old 01-13-2009, 02:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeZ5 View Post
Damn right. That link is to an $84 Canadian card that doesn't even show what class it is. Presumably class 2.

I only paid $70 Cdn for my 8GB Fuze. And an extra $7 for the 1GB car.

Steve
On Amazon here in the US right now, the 16GB in the "bulk" packaging which is how I got my 8GB(for less than $20), is $55.95. The "retail" packaging:$68.45. My 8GB is class 2, and although I guess it could affect refresh time or write time, the playback is just fine.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:05 PM

I have been buying memory cards for some years and my advice is to wait a few months the price will come down to a point where its more to your liking. I typically shop for these sorts of things at microcenter.com for what its worth.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbc View Post
I have been buying memory cards for some years and my advice is to wait a few months the price will come down to a point where its more to your liking. I typically shop for these sorts of things at microcenter.com for what its worth.
yeah you have a point. I just realized buying two 8gb cards us cheaper than one 16gb. I'm psyched. Gonna save up to get me a fuze and pass on my iPod Nano to my Mac loving wife

Old 01-13-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by korn_thoughtless6 View Post
I saw that too, it's a View, there's a mis-print on the card. Not that any of the kindly "associates" at BB would know the difference. Although one of them did convince a couple to get a 4GB Clip instead of a Shuffle.

Quote:
Yea, I have it back in the Fuze. The 17GB Express just wasn't cutting it.

Quote:
Yup, still $99.99 US at Best Buy. I got mine off Amazon, $61.98 US including shipping, and it's a Class 2. They're going for between $53 and $112 now, depending on the source.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:56 PM

Speaking of which, is the 8gig fuze available in a black? I didn't think so, but they're listed on Amazon, so I ordered one. Hope they don't send me a silver one. I'd be satisfied with the 4gig black fuze, with the memory card slot, though. I'm waiting for the pre-loaded cards Sandisk described on their website. They promoting 1,000, genre specific songs for $39.99, which is a fantastic deal. I'd buy a Fuze just for that.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:25 PM

I guess once you get the card you can always put more tracks onto the card if its not filled to capacity and/or move them to internal memory and use the card for additional tracks.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I guess once you get the card you can always put more tracks onto the card if its not filled to capacity and/or move them to internal memory and use the card for additional tracks.
jbc:

NauticusLX is talking about the slotradio product. According to what I have read, the music cannot be taken off the cards. So I have to wonder if you can add to the cards. From what I read these cards will work with the SlotRadio player and the Fuze. The slotMusic player was not mentioned.

Steve

Old 01-22-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeZ5 View Post
jbc:

NauticusLX is talking about the slotradio product. According to what I have read, the music cannot be taken off the cards. So I have to wonder if you can add to the cards. From what I read these cards will work with the SlotRadio player and the Fuze. The slotMusic player was not mentioned.

Steve
You are correct, it has been stated that the files either can't be copied or won't play if they're copied. Probably something like RCA did with the Lyra. (History lesson for today: With some of the RCA Lyras, the file was encrypted with the serial number of the CF card it was transferred to, and you had to use a specific plug-in to MusicMatch Jukebox to transfer files to the card. It was a PITA. Ironically, WMA files weren't treated that way, and could be freely copied.)

And while I agree that nowhere has it been specifically said that the cards will or will not work with the SMP, I would think you could use them, but you would be limited to playing the files in alphabetical order. Stepping thru 1000 songs would be a major PITA. The concept of "genres" is useless with a player that doesn't read tags. I'm assuming the slotRadio player does, but I'm not sure.

I would also think the cards would be playable in other devices, I believe I've seen it mentioned that they would be playable in cell phones. If they'll play in the Fuze, I can't imagine why they wouldn't play in anything else.

I guess I'll let everyone know when I buy one.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:51 AM

Interesting, this is something I did not know before I chimed in here. I guess than the slot music is more helpful for individuals who are computer illiterate. Personally I have multiple advanced PC certifications so working with an MP3 player is sort of like walking and breathing to me so the restrictions are something that I would not be willing to live with. What are all of the restrictions when dealing with slot music? I guess that slot music is too restrictive for me.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
I guess than the slot music is more helpful for individuals who are computer illiterate.
IMHO, that is who slotMusic and slotRadio are aimed at; those that are "computer challenged" (gotta be politically correct), and those that don't have the time to do all the ripping and tagging and syncing.

Quote:
What are all of the restrictions when dealing with slot music? I guess that slot music is too restrictive for me.
SlotMusic cards would seem to have no restrictions. They will play in anything with a microSD slot, and while I haven't tried, I believe the files can be copied off the card and played. SlotRadio cards should play in anything with a slot, however, it is reported that they can not be copied off the card and played. I'm assuming they're DRM'd to the card somehow. I'm waiting for them to become available to find out.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:45 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Interesting, this is something I did not know before I chimed in here. I guess than the slot music is more helpful for individuals who are computer illiterate. Personally I have multiple advanced PC certifications so working with an MP3 player is sort of like walking and breathing to me so the restrictions are something that I would not be willing to live with. What are all of the restrictions when dealing with slot music? I guess that slot music is too restrictive for me.
jbc: in case you haven't caught on, there are two products: slotMusic, and slotRadio. Quite different in design of the card contents.

Steve

Old 01-23-2009, 11:44 AM

jkj1962, it makes sense the preloaded cards might only play on Sansa audio devices. But also other devices, after all, Sansa wants as many people as possible to buy these things, right? But doesn't the Fuze allow you to play music by genre or Artist (i.e. read tags?)

The restrictions with the slot music (i.e., micro SD cards preloaded with music, 1,000 genre specific tunes on a card for $39.99 based on early promos) are that they can't be removed from the card. Frankly I don't have a problem with this, and buying a Sansa slot card compatible device in anticipation of this may be a good idea for anybody in the market for a new dap. You can also buy cards now that have music from a single artist, like ABBA, for about $15. Anybody could enjoy music this way, not just those who own computers and enjoy the chore of downloading Ė thatís a huge market. I agree with the idea, even though the implementation will, of course, like everything hi-tech, have a limited life span. Even though I am very computer literate, downloading is a big hassle, especially at a dollar per track. Just because I *could* do it, doesn't mean I *want* to. Given the option to buy preloaded memory cards to just pop into a card reader, without intervention of a PC, the idea of downloading songs becomes as dated as the Victrola. However, I would expect to be able to at least pick what song I want to play at any given moment, rather than be constrained to whatís next alphabetically.