android
Old 01-27-2009, 01:43 AM

Marvin, you say you have a 12GB Fuze. Is this the 8GB fuze with a 4GB SD card? Do you mind not being able to use the Audiobooks function with files on the SD card, or did you find a way to do this? And wouldn't it be easier to use just one Sansa device rather than 2?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-27-2009, 01:58 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NauticusLX View Post
Marvin, you say you have a 12GB Fuze. Is this the 8GB fuze with a 4GB SD card? Do you mind not being able to use the Audiobooks function with files on the SD card, or did you find a way to do this? And wouldn't it be easier to use just one Sansa device rather than 2?
It's a 4GB Fuze with an 8GB microsdhc card in it.
I've never listened to an audiobook, actually, so I don't know how they would work.
And 1 Sansa vs. 2, do you mean my Fuze and Clip?

Old 01-27-2009, 03:13 AM

Hey Marvin, You're a real lifesaver. I've followed your directions and have cleared the player and set it to MSC mode. Actually, I know so little about this that I wasn't sure if the "mode" you were talking about was in the player or Media Player. I figured it out. It's late right now and I've gotta get some ZZZZs, but I'll continue tomorrow and let you know what happens.

What kind of music do you like, maybe I have something I could share with you. I would like to try and show my appreciation some way. Bob

Old 01-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shemp457 View Post
Hey Marvin, You're a real lifesaver. I've followed your directions and have cleared the player and set it to MSC mode. Actually, I know so little about this that I wasn't sure if the "mode" you were talking about was in the player or Media Player. I figured it out. It's late right now and I've gotta get some ZZZZs, but I'll continue tomorrow and let you know what happens.

What kind of music do you like, maybe I have something I could share with you. I would like to try and show my appreciation some way. Bob
There's no need for that. I would just say this...if it comes about that you have an issue with the Fuze down the road, just be patient with it....just about any common problem there is, someone here has resolved.

I see a lot of people in the offical Sansa forums that the first time something goes wrong with their Fuze or Clip, it's like the sky is falling, and SanDisk sucks, and they don't care about us.....blah blah blah. So all I would ask of you is, don't be "that guy".

Enjoy what you have, especially given the price point, and if something does go wrong, ask us for help. The more info you include in your request, the easier it will be for us to help you resolve your issue. I didn't know much of anything about MP3 players when I came here either, and I still am learning too.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
The more info you include in your request, the easier it will be for us to help you resolve your issue.
That's the key thing right there.

Steve

Old 01-27-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
There's no need for that. I would just say this...if it comes about that you have an issue with the Fuze down the road, just be patient with it....just about any common problem there is, someone here has resolved.

I see a lot of people in the offical Sansa forums that the first time something goes wrong with their Fuze or Clip, it's like the sky is falling, and SanDisk sucks, and they don't care about us.....blah blah blah. So all I would ask of you is, don't be "that guy".

Enjoy what you have, especially given the price point, and if something does go wrong, ask us for help. The more info you include in your request, the easier it will be for us to help you resolve your issue. I didn't know much of anything about MP3 players when I came here either, and I still am learning too.
Hi again Marvin;

I followed your instructions and, what da ya know, success! I've now got all of my music in the Fuze. FYI and for anyone else interested.... I had to use MP to completely empty both the internal and external memory, but no big deal. Also, for some reason I don't have any album covers showing up like I did before. The setting is "on"? This is also no big deal; I figure they just take up space and I know what they look like anyway.

I'm as happy as a pig in s--t, and I thank you again.

You asked if I was using the buds that came with it. Yes. I've also listened with my earphones... I have 4 pair, and the phones do sound better. As to buds, any recommendations? What do you use? I looked at some reviews and, of course, that's not much help. I was surprised at how expensive some of them can be. I found one for $1150.! I can't help but think that some of these "high end" buds will produce a sound quality that exceeds the capabilities of the player and the mp3 format.... therefore, you're waisting your money buying at that level. Your thoughts would be of great interest.

See ya, Bob

Old 01-27-2009, 06:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Bob:

There's a headphones section here at ABi. You would be best perusing that forum, and perhaps asking your question there.

Ear buds don't stay in my ears, so even the best earbuds are no good IMHO. I have been happily using JVC-FX33 Marshmallows with the tips changed to Ultimate Ears tips (it's a simple mod). I got some JVC FX-66 Air Cushions for Christmas, and I think I prefer them, but haven't used them too much. Only about a half hour with my Clip and maybe the same with my Fuze.

Steve

Old 01-27-2009, 07:31 PM

Steve: Thanks for the tip. I'll take a look at that forum. I'm also interested in seeing what Marvin has to say. He really seems to be into this and knows what he's talking about.

I normally would not buy any piece of audio gear without listening to it first. The problem I see with earbuds is... how can I put it.... would you want to put something in your ear when you don't know who stuck them it their ear an hour earlier? I have this vision of Mr. Shabby listening to them at the store right before I try them. Actually, I don't know, but would be surprised if any store will let you try them. That's the problem.

Bob

Old 01-27-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeZ5 View Post
I got some JVC FX-66 Air Cushions for Christmas, and I think I prefer them, but haven't used them too much. Only about a half hour with my Clip and maybe the same with my Fuze.

Steve
I just bought these from Amazon (less than $24) and I really like them! I had a pair of Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3, my first IEMs, and could not wear them, too uncomfortable and sore for my ears. On the recommendations of member Plan303e, I ordered the Air Cushions, and they are great, sound quality and comfort! I can now listen to music while going to sleep!

I just sold my UE to a co-worker last night.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallstar View Post
I just bought these from Amazon (less than $24) and I really like them! I had a pair of Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3, my first IEMs, and could not wear them, too uncomfortable and sore for my ears. On the recommendations of member Plan303e, I ordered the Air Cushions, and they are great, sound quality and comfort! I can now listen to music while going to sleep!

I just sold my UE to a co-worker last night.
Interesting! I have a new Fuze and am interested in upgrading the buds but really don't want to spend a fortune. Have you listened to the Sansa buds? If so, how do they compare with your new Air Cushions?

Old 01-27-2009, 10:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Steve: Thanks for the tip. I'll take a look at that forum. I'm also interested in seeing what Marvin has to say. He really seems to be into this and knows what he's talking about.

I normally would not buy any piece of audio gear without listening to it first. The problem I see with earbuds is... how can I put it.... would you want to put something in your ear when you don't know who stuck them it their ear an hour earlier? I have this vision of Mr. Shabby listening to them at the store right before I try them. Actually, I don't know, but would be surprised if any store will let you try them. That's the problem.

Bob
Bob, I'm in the same boat as Steve....the earbuds don't stay put when I try to use them. If you look at the bottom of my posts( the signature) it says there what I use. I personally can't wear any of the ones that go right into the ear canal, so they have to either be on or around the ear design.

The best sounding 'phones I have are the KSC75's, but the clip-on style is not for everyone, as it can become uncomfortable after awhile. ALso, if you're in a loud environment, they can be overwhelmed by outside noise, as they are an open headphone.

The headphone section here has a few threads sure to be of interest to you...I would start with this one....."Best Inexpensive Phones"
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ead.php?t=8404

Old 01-27-2009, 11:01 PM

Hey Martian; I feel dumb for not having noticed your list at the bottom of your posts. I'll get better at using this forum in time. I've owned both Sennheiser and Koss headphones... all the way back to the 60's. Yeah, I'm not the kid you probably thought. I'll take a look at them on the web and maybe I'll end up with a pair.

Rock on, Bob

Old 01-27-2009, 11:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Hey Martian; I feel dumb for not having noticed your list at the bottom of your posts. I'll get better at using this forum in time. I've owned both Sennheiser and Koss headphones... all the way back to the 60's. Yeah, I'm not the kid you probably thought. I'll take a look at them on the web and maybe I'll end up with a pair.

Rock on, Bob
Nope, didn't think you were a kid....just new to the MP3 scene

Old 01-27-2009, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Nope, didn't think you were a kid....just new to the MP3 scene
I just looked at the ones you use. Don't think that style is what I'm after. Actually, I find the ones that come with the Sansa to be pretty comfortable. You mentioned Koss and I looked at their Sound-Squared Eclipse. They're on Amazon for about $20. and get good reviews. Think these would be an improvement over the Sansas?

http://www.amazon.com/Sound-Squared-...3120756&sr=8-1

Old 01-27-2009, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Interesting! I have a new Fuze and am interested in upgrading the buds but really don't want to spend a fortune. Have you listened to the Sansa buds? If so, how do they compare with your new Air Cushions?
I was using the earbuds that came with the Sansa until I got the JVCs. They weren't too bad, but kept falling out of my ears. I'll keep them as backup, but for now I'll stick to the JVCs. Also, I have a Sennheiser headphone, the ones that fold up and are on-ear type. The sound quality from those are great, but I use those for working at the computer, anywhere else except in bed.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I just looked at the ones you use. Don't think that style is what I'm after. Actually, I find the ones that come with the Sansa to be pretty comfortable. You mentioned Koss and I looked at their Sound-Squared Eclipse. They're on Amazon for about $20. and get good reviews. Think these would be an improvement over the Sansas?

http://www.amazon.com/Sound-Squared-...3120756&sr=8-1
I really don't know, to be honest....because I don't use that type of 'phone.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:04 AM

Hi again Marvin and Fallstar. Appreciate Fallstar's input and Marvin's frankness. I wish this was a product I could "audition", but no way am I going to stick a pair at some store in my ears! They're only $20., so if they don't live up I'm not out much. I'll sleep on it and decide tomorrrow. Stay tuned....

Old 01-29-2009, 05:40 PM

Hi everyone, I ordered the Koss Sound-Squared Eclipse earbuds and they should arrive tomorrow. For those interested, I'll do an A-B comparison of the sound of the Koss and the buds that come with a Fuze.

Marvin. Now you're going to have to change your name to Vlad the Impailer!

Old 01-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Hi everyone, I ordered the Koss Sound-Squared Eclipse earbuds and they should arrive tomorrow. For those interested, I'll do an A-B comparison of the sound of the Koss and the buds that come with a Fuze.

Marvin. Now you're going to have to change your name to Vlad the Impailer!
My last avatar was a vampire, so I figured I would take it to the next level....the mythical "original" vampire. I wondered if anyone would recognize it.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:27 PM

Of course I recognized it. I think most people who ever watch the History Channel will.... I just posted this on another ABIP forum where I saw some real tech types talking about things I don't understand. Now I'll post it here so you and anyone else who cares to can jump it.

I bought a Fuze with 16gb and have successfully downloaded about 100 albums of music in it. Overall things went pretty smoothly, thanks to good advice from Marvin the Martian on this site. Everything I put in Media Player is now on the Fuze. Here's the catch. There are 5 albums that are in the Fuze that have been dumped together as "Unknown". All 5 of them are Japanese imports, 3 Blind Mice lable. I have some other 3BM albums that loaded just fine and apprear when I click "Albums" on the Fuze. As to the 5 unknowns, when I first ripped them and they went into "My Music" file in windows, all the info on them appeared as little squares. My computer can't read Japanese I guess. So I edited each one into English with the artist, album title and song titles. The next day they were back like they had been!!!??? I also went into MP and edited them the same way and I guess it took because when I play the "Unknown" on the Fuze I get the song titles... some in English and some in Japanese. I know, this is confusing... Also the "unknown" file does not appear in the "albums" setting of MP, but when I click on "Artists" in MP there they are with the info in English. My question is this, how can I get these albums so that MP will recognize them and properly display them in the Fuze as individual albums?

Thanks for reading this and appreciate your help.