android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision:M > Zen Vision:M Accessories

Old 06-30-2013, 03:54 PM

Help Missing Playdock Z500 Remote Control and Dodgy power switch on ZVM

Greetings one and all,

Long time owner of an immaculately well looked after 30gb ZVM since nigh on launch day. Can't fault mine - it owed me nothing after seven odd years. That was the case at least until my significant other in her infinite wisdom left it behind her on a plane a few weeks back!! So to make amends, we sourced a second hand 30gb ZVM being sold locally which came with the Playdock Z500! Bargain - eighty euro! The screen is scratched to bits but considering its age, I can't complain really.

It needed a firmware update to sort out a problem with it not taking a charge or connecting with my Win 7 PC, but after a few hours I got it up and running. Result! Sort of.

I've since noticed a problem that a few other have encountered already, that being the power button taking leave of its senses and skipping forward through a track when I want to shut the unit down. In fact, sometimes it will neither shut down nor start up at all when I slide the power button. More often than not, it takes several attempts to exercise this simple task. I have an inline remote control from my original ZVM which gets me around this problem for now, but it's still annoying that this needs to be done. I'm wondering has anyone gotten to the bottom of this issue to date? What causes it? What to do to fix it is what I need to know.

Secondly, there's the small issue of a missing remote control for the Playdock. The seller lost it early in the docks life so there's little chance of it showing its face in the future. I'd love to get a new remote but from what I can see, they just can't be gotten anywhere, or maybe more research is needed. Can anyone who has one tell me if there is a serial number on the back of the remote itself? This might make it easier to source one elsewhere. Or if anyone knows where I might find one for sale, that would be fantastic. Now that I finally have a Playdock, it would be champion to be able to operate it remotely.

I have to say, it's a beast of a speaker. Nice and loud, with enough bass to get my teeth rattling and very solidly built. It still looks cool, even in these fast paced times! I'm really loving it so far. And the ZVM is still my all time favourite MP3 player. I'm so glad I chose it over the alternative with the fruity name. But that niggle with the power switch on the ZVM and the lack of a remote control for the Playdock is really frustrating. Any help with these niggles would be greatly appreciated. Thanks folks and apologies if this thread is a bit long winded!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
playdock, zvm30