android
Old 09-16-2009, 06:00 PM

Default O2 Screen durabilty

Got my O2 yesterday and I think it is great! Nice build quality, amazing sound quality - and best of all it plays my videos without a problem! Just drag and drop!!

I was just wondering, by the sound of it, many of you have had your O2s since the begining. How has the screen gone? Is it still in good condition? I am used to a glass screen on my iphone so going to plastic film was a bit worrying. Is it fairly resilient?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-16-2009, 08:51 PM

I've had my O2 since not long after they were first available and my screen is just fine. I don't use a screensaver on it but I'm pretty careful handling it. I keep intending to put a BestSkinsEver screen protector on it but I use it a lot and I keep putting it off. I have their generic sheet and I've used it on other players.

I think part of the reason I haven't worried as much about this one is that the screen is a little more recessed on the O2, making it seem a little safer.

I'll probably eventually put something on it.

It's probably worth mentioning that I've been using Palms since they first became available and I never used screen protectors and I've never scratched one yet. I think with reasonable care they aren't really needed but they do give a little peace of mind, which is why I usually use them.

Barry

Old 09-16-2009, 09:08 PM

Thanks for your input Barry! It is reassuring!

I am getting a Noreve case for it - so hopefully that and just being careful (which I am with my stuff) should mean it will stand the test of time!

It was just a little unnerving coming from glass screens!

Old 09-17-2009, 06:56 AM
Contributing Editor

Yes, you will be fine. Had mine since the beginning also. I have the Cowon case, and I use it without that also. The screen has no issues. I think it being recessed helps a lot.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:24 AM

I've had one of those on my O2 since forever: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.19941

The screen protector is really high quality, looks good as new after a year... not bad for the price.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:10 PM

I put one on and been debating about taking it off, I have the cowon case, but from time to time I have to wipe the protector to remove finger prints I wonder how the screen can take being constantly wiped...

Old 09-18-2009, 06:25 AM
Contributing Editor

Its been fine with me. I will say, unless the screen is off, I dont notice the fingerprints on the screen. When the screen is on, I can never tell is the screen is smudgy, only if there is a dog hair on it or something.