android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision:M

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2009, 08:52 PM

Default Cannot get player to connect to PC - please help!

Hey guys,
I have a problem with my Vision:M and am hoping someone here will be able to help. Starting from this morning, whenever I plug my player into my pc I hear the "ding dong" sound telling me it has been connected, but the screen does not go to "docked" it just stays on now playing.

If I go to Device Manager, my player is listed under 'portable devices' and has a yellow '!' icon over it. If I right click the player and go to properties it states "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

So I had a read though these forums and found 2 pieces of info.
First of all I went onto the Microsoft website and downloaded the Media Transfer Protocol Porting Kit and installed it.

Secondly, I put in the CD that came with my Zen, right clicked on the player in device manager and clicked on update driver. I set it to search the CD in the drive, it found the driver, and installed it.

Then as if by magic, a lovely big logo saying "docked" appeared on the screen of my Zen and Device Manager stated that the player was working properly. Problem solved....or so I thought.

After about 30 seconds, the screen on my Zen just suddenly went back to now playing. I looked in Device Manager, and it had gone back to "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" with the yellow '!'

So I installed the driver again, and the screen then went back to "docked" again....and then 30 seconds later it just went back to the now playing screen yet again.

I have tried this process about 10 times now and it keeps repeating itself. I've had the player for about 2 years with ZERO problems until today....why all of a sudden has this happened? Does anyone have any advice as to what to do?

I live in the UK so my player is the European model if that makes any difference.

Many, many thanks in advance, if anyone can help me fix this I will be extremely grateful

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]