android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P3

Old 01-15-2009, 10:22 PM

Default Question about the vedio quality of the supported vedio type in p3/p2

WMV9, MPEG-4, H.264,SVI/AVI

for the same original source, which above type is better from the quality view?

I saw a wmv file in p3, which is a 3D animator called "white sheep in the island" , supper quality.

i have tried several software including MediaCoder, but i didn't got the even comparable quality of the above p3-attached wmv case.

so i want to know, which the above file type is the best in PMP player for best quality.

From my view, i think the H264, based mp4 file type is the best, but it's ok, but not like that wmv quality,

ps:i convert the same HD file, like ts/tp to mp4 or other.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-15-2009, 11:40 PM

Overall, sensen..

...the quality of your videos will be determined by resolution and bitrate.. whatever codec variation of Mpeg-4.

So, a higher bitrate will always produce better video quality, than a lower bitrate... if they are the same resolution...

Though h.264 can achieve slightly better quality overall, as it is a more efficient algorithm... in general.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:01 PM

so Xvid and DivX works?

Old 01-17-2009, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utew View Post
Overall, sensen..

...the quality of your videos will be determined by resolution and bitrate.. whatever codec variation of Mpeg-4.

So, a higher bitrate will always produce better video quality, than a lower bitrate... if they are the same resolution...

Though h.264 can achieve slightly better quality overall, as it is a more efficient algorithm... in general.
thanks, i explained more to my confusion.
sometimes i have a video file, and i want to convert it to the wmv/mp4/avi for p3. i don't know more about the video codec, but i think for the fixed video file type there must be a better converted file type in WMV/MP4/AVI for less conversion loss.
for example, if i converted from HD or DVD, maybe the above all file types are ok for good quality. but maybe the conversion speed is different.
but if i converted from a rm file, or another type of mp4 file, what's the answer? same?

so i really want an software like bellow.
it can convert to the p3 file, and when i choose a file to be converted, the software can analyze and give an advise to conversion setup. for example, if the original video file is a low resolution and bitrate, so even though you choose to convert to a better resolution and bitrate, i don't think we can get a better quality, in other words, we can't get a better quality than the origin file. from this view, we need to setup the conversion wisely.
so that's why i think we need choose the file type and choose a suitable conversion setup.

hope someone can figure it out. thanks in advance.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:57 PM

You could take the sheep video and copy it from the P3 to your computer and check the audio and video bitrates. If you replicate those settings with a quality source file, you should get close.