android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon O2

Old 01-16-2009, 03:35 PM

Default Screen Protector, to put on or not to put on that is the question.

Well it has finally arrived (an exchange for the previous o2)..... I had screen problems with the first one right after i applied a screen protector from zagg.com..... I use it on all of my electronics that require one and I love it. But this time it caused some problems..... I also looked around the internet to see if this happened to others and it did. So what do you guys think... try it on the new one or not??? was it just the previous unit or is it that the o2 is a bit toooooo sensitive to pressure....... thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-16-2009, 03:50 PM
Contributing Editor

i have my screen protector on it, and it works no problem. You might want to protect that beautiful screen.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasrhp View Post
i have my screen protector on it, and it works no problem. You might want to protect that beautiful screen.
Where did you purchase your screen protector? is it "invisible shield" or something else?

currently I am protecting that beautiful screen with the cowon leather case....

Old 01-17-2009, 12:46 PM

I've tried a lot of screen protectors, but I wanted one that was anti-glare, but still did not effect the touchscreen or the colors. I used a protector from brando that is made for the tom tom xl one. It is just a little too big but I cut it down and it fits, less glare and no problem with the screen. It is the same protector that is mentioned over in the A3 section over at iaudiophile.net. I also have the A3 and it has the same protector on it.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:51 PM

I am using the leather case as well and would instantly recommend it.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:57 AM

Am I wrong in thinking that any screen protector made for the PSP would work for the O2 as well? Or would it screw the touch screen up because the PSP ones are made for a 4.3 inch screen thats not touch sensitive? Because it would open up alot more screen protection options if I could get locally. I do hope to buy a case Noreve or otherwise eventually but until then I at least want to protect the screen.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:37 AM
Contributing Editor

I use a psp one. You will have to trim the edges a little bit. It works fine though. Picked up a 2 pack at Target(sony brand) for $7.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:34 AM

just dont get the one on amazon..the JAVOedge one...it messes with the pixels and creates a whole lot of ugly noise...idk about the Clear Screen 2.0...but the Anti-glare one does not work

Old 02-09-2009, 09:23 PM

I have not put one on mine but wouldn't be against it if I could find a good one that cut down a bit on the glossiness/glare/reflectiveness of the screen.

Old 02-14-2009, 02:12 PM

I use one made by hori for the psp, defintely much nicer than the one that came with the O2, no trimming needed, and no weird artifacting problems. Plus you know, they are the recommened brand for the DS who's had a touch screen that gets horribly abused. If you have a Fry's around you, it's about $5.99.

Old 02-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

This is what I use: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3800

Absolutely perfect and scratch resistant - and the price is more than fair.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:52 PM

I've used the BestSkinsEver.com screensavers on various devices for years with no problem at all. They have the advantage that you have a couple of minutes after you put it on the screen to move it into perfect position. They also are easy to lay down without bubbles or dust if you're reasonably careful. I've never had a bubble and I got dust under the first one I ever used. I redid that one and all the rest have been just fine.

If you do get dust you can lift it off in the first minute or two, rinse it off and lay it down again.

The downside of these is that you do have to put a drop of water on it so you have to be careful not to get water in the player. I've never found that difficult. There's only a drop of water and it's pretty easy to control it. However, that might scare some people off. I almost didn't buy it because of this, initially.

I'd say offhand that I've been using them for more than 5 years and the first player I used it on, a Sandisk SDMX1, is still unscratched and the screen saver is still perfect.

They're supposedly easy to remove later on but I've never had any reason to try that.

I don't buy the ones to fit the player. I buy their large one and cut it to shape myself. I first cut a template of hard clear plastic from some package or other and trim it till it's just right. Then I cut a screensaver to that size and it fits. Easy enough.

However, I didn't put screen on all my players, or on my Palm, and about a year ago I began to realize that the players without screen savers have done as well as those with them. I've never scratched a screen yet on the Palm or any player. I've been using Palms for about 10 years. Maybe 15. I'm not sure.

So in the past year I haven't used screen savers on anything unless I think I'm going to carry it in my pocket. I have a screensaver on one of my D2's and not the other one. Both are just fine. Both are over a year old. Both get used a lot.

I haven't decided yet if I'll actually stop using screen savers. If one of these things did get a big scratch on the screen I'd feel pretty bad about it. But so far it just hasn't happened and I'm wondering if maybe I should decide to stop using them.

Barry