android
Old 01-17-2009, 01:08 PM

Help sony a826 paired with super fi 5 pro

hello, i am a newbie and seek your help
i have decided on this sony walkman, the a series or the s series, and a pair of super fi 5 pro and i want to know if it really worths it

"However, adding a nice pair of headphones is a slightly different story. I still think this player sound very good but on my Shure SE530ís the A820 sounds very processed. It did however perform well in the sub $200 headphone category particularly with my Future Sonics Atrio M5ís and CrossRoad Mylarís. However, like the other A and S series Sonyís I did find the low to mid bass on the exaggerated side. In the end the A820 performs fantastic with lower end to fairly premium phones, but I cannot recommend the A820 for the upper echelon of headphones." quote from Grahm Skee's review on A820

this review made me think better and not wasting the money and regret it later ...
the second option for the player is the venerable Cowon S9 but i really want those super fi's so i am somehow restrained by the budget

could someone tell me how do they perform together?? thank you

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Just don't get the Sony E series, too many complaints, and not as good in the SQ dept. as the other models Sony produces.