android
Old 01-17-2009, 04:20 PM

Default Bluetooth Abilities?

Quote:
The P2 will be getting an update in the Bluetooth department in November to add phone connectivity as first seen on the T9. This will allow you to use the P2 as a Bluetooth headset, speaking though the P2s mic and listening to the caller though the headphones. It will also allow you to dial, answer, and receive call ID on the P2 while your phone is tucked away in your bag or pocket.
Will this feature be available on the P3? What about texting? I'd really like bluetooth texting if possible... I wouldn't ever need to use my phone again

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-17-2009, 04:52 PM

This feature should be available for the P3, but I wouldn't get your hopes up about texting through the blue tooth connection; it will probably never happen (I wish it could though). However, Samsung has surprised us with the P2's bluewave updates after its release by providing theme and firmware updates that no one expected.

Old 02-23-2009, 04:35 PM

So for placing calls would the P3 hold a address book that one could directly place a call from?

Old 02-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacow View Post
So for placing calls would the P3 hold a address book that one could directly place a call from?
Yes. It will have all the bluetooth features of the P2 and "potentially" a few more. The P2 has an Address Book. You can send contact info to the P2 from your cell phone if it has bluetooth. Once you are paired with that cell phone in mobile phone mode you can pick a phone number from that contact list and your P2(or P3) will make the call via bluetooth through your phone. You can even dial a call from the P2/3.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayo View Post
Will this feature be available on the P3? What about texting? I'd really like bluetooth texting if possible... I wouldn't ever need to use my phone again
Texting, no. Samsung, and other Bluetooth device manufacturers, have to support specific Bluetooth protocols, or profiles. There isn't, as far as I know, a standard device-to-device SMS-transport profile so even if the P3 could do this (easy enough), the pairing phone couldn't because it wouldn't be a feature standard on all Bluetooth phones, sorry.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:20 AM

HAHAHA Man... ALL the cell phones with bluetooth in my home SUCKS!
I can't mass send all my contacts... So I have to send one at a time... lol
The only cell phone the can mass send (a samsung one may I add) wouldn't register my P3 as a device that is sendable to and so when I clicked send and it searched for devices it got the P3 but when I tried to connect it would connect it as a headphone thing...
So my little nokia gets to send all my contacts over... one at a time...
Good thing I'm not popular... hahaha

Old 03-02-2009, 04:00 PM

I agree that a texting function should be enabled..!! I love using my samsung p3 to talk on the phone, and it looks so much better. all u need is a crap-ish phone with bluetooth + a P3 and u have it all !

Old 03-03-2009, 10:42 AM

Is there a list anywhere of compatible phones?

Old 03-03-2009, 01:48 PM

Most phones with bluettoth should work. My samsung VS6 which is quite old (about 3-4 years) is compatible.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:42 AM

I have a Samsung D900i 2 years old. The marriage works just fine: I can listen to P3, when a call comes I can answer and talk on the P3 without having to fumble for the phone inside the backpack. Viceversa I can make calls from the P3. Audio level and quality was good. Also, when I switch off or place the phone too far away, the P3 gets disconnected but reconnects automatically when it is on again.

I could mass transfer all my contacts from D900 to P3. Pity that I cannot SMS, on the other hand typing text on the P3 with touch and without T9 doesn't exactly invite that.

I have to add that the D900 really sucked about managing music, so it's great to have this arrangement.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:10 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Samsung has led the (MP3 player) field with Bluetooth on the T10, P2, and P3. Although most of us probably won't bump into another P2/P3 owner, the games that play P2P with other devices are an amazing technological leap.

And now Apple has copied that idea in their 3.0 firmware for the iPhone and Touch.

Why do I mention this? Samsung mentioned they wanted to make inroads into the US market. They have done pretty good with cell phones, now having 25% or more of the market. They let the P3 bring only minor improvements to the PMP market, resting on their orginality and hardware to find a niche. Apple, on the other other hand, has been spending millions to trump any competitor with features it can enable via firmware. "1000 new APIs, 100 new features." They've turned that Nike chip into a full fledged Bluetooth chip, and stolen concepts from Samsung, The Zune, and any other player with a unique feature.

Watch out, Samsung. Apple has been watching you.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:48 PM

I have a big problem !!
When my P3 connected to my nokia E50 ,it will automatically cut off the connecting when calling,and only 5% of the callings are available! (
Please helppp~~!!

Old 03-26-2009, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ari09 View Post
I have a Samsung D900i 2 years old. The marriage works just fine: I can listen to P3, when a call comes I can answer and talk on the P3 without having to fumble for the phone inside the backpack. Viceversa I can make calls from the P3. Audio level and quality was good. Also, when I switch off or place the phone too far away, the P3 gets disconnected but reconnects automatically when it is on again.

I could mass transfer all my contacts from D900 to P3. Pity that I cannot SMS, on the other hand typing text on the P3 with touch and without T9 doesn't exactly invite that.

I have to add that the D900 really sucked about managing music, so it's great to have this arrangement.
If Samsung could add SMS support to the P3's bluetooth, that would be SWEET. I'll never have to take my phone out again.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:53 PM

Erm...what would be the point of having a phone then? If you want the P2 or P3 to use as a phone you might as well get a pixon lol

Old 05-10-2009, 01:11 PM
Banned

Had an phone call of an hour on my P3 today- battery still at 2 bars. Not a feature I use much, but useful when I can't afford to miss a call but want to rock out to my tunes...