android
Old 01-23-2009, 12:34 AM

Help Where (and When) to buy the P3

Hi, I'm new to this forum and wanted to ask where's the best place to buy the P3. I live in Australia so I need a place which can ship to here. If there aren't any places at the moment that can, when do you think online retailers will start stocking it?

I know that it's not officially released yet but I was hoping you guys could help me out.

BTW, I'm looking for a 32GB model, preferably.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-23-2009, 06:33 AM

the only place to get it if you are from austrailia would be the import from korea or ebay.

the other place which is argos on ships to UK.

I would think the P3 will come around late January sometime. Its really not known at this point. All we know is that it comes early 2009.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:26 PM

Default Me have P3 !!! lolz

Well for me, I just happened to be in Korea during December/January and I orignaly planned to pick up the P3 on the 7th, which coincedently was the day I got back on the plane to Aussie. Well, there were some delays so I just got it mailed over. I managed to get it by the 15th of Jan.

If you have any friends over in Korea, just get them to send it over by mail. The P3 has the option to switch to English so there won't be any problems for ppl who can't read Korean.

Hope this helps.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:38 PM

Thanks for the replies. I'm very eagerly awaiting for its release onto the market as it will be my first mp3 player. I just hope the rumours are true and that it will be released soon.

Apparently, the Korean market haven't launched the 32GB version of the P3. Do you guys think that it will come out when the P3 is officially released (outside of Korea) as it will come out in 4, 8, 16 and 32GB versions.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:41 AM

Not sure... but have a contact in Korea so I will not wait too long for a US release of 32gb

Last edited by dexterslabmi; 01-24-2009 at 12:05 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 01-24-2009, 08:12 PM

I'm going to subcribe to this thread just in case theres an answer.

But why are the Higher Capacity players of all brands always delayed? Why don't they come out at the same time as the rest?

Old 01-24-2009, 09:42 PM

Good question, Leroy.. my guess would be because of selling price. I assume that the lower the price of the player, the better it sells overall.

I have never heard a good marketing reason for why the larger cap players are not released (in the US anyway) at the beginning of the life-cycle of new devices.

The old reason that was bandied about for no more HD based players, was because Asians preferred flash and didn't need the extra capacity. If that is correct, then why do the larger capacity flash players always come out now in Asia first?
Something is rotten in Denmark with this kind of logic (apologies to our friends in Denmark). Not to mention the fact that the 16GB P2 came out in Canada, well ahead of the US.

We hear a lot about the iPod dominating the US and thus the Koreans and others don't want to battle in North America.
But to this day, I still can't find consistent logic as to why the high cap players are delayed...

Last edited by Utew; 01-25-2009 at 06:01 AM.

Old 01-25-2009, 12:16 AM

I agree, without the release of larger (say 32GB) versions for players, such as the Cowon S9 or Samsung P3, just to name a few, it could really deter people away from buying them, especially as they don't have any expandable memory slots.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:19 AM

Heyy dragonKev, Im after the same thing as you are. Samsung P3 im in australia as well. Even if it comes out in australia it will be almost 1 and a 1//2 times the price in the US. At the moment im hoping amazon or deals direct will stock up soon.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:05 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I'd keep large flash memory models off the market until I'd sold enough lower priced models to get a good feel for the market. Both the manufacturer and the retailer take a risk putting more expensive models on the shelves. If they don't sell it's a big loss. If you get to a point where you're sure the market will buy them, you'll also sell the big memory models to many of your early adopters that bought the smaller versions.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
I'd keep large flash memory models off the market until I'd sold enough lower priced models to get a good feel for the market. Both the manufacturer and the retailer take a risk putting more expensive models on the shelves. If they don't sell it's a big loss. If you get to a point where you're sure the market will buy them, you'll also sell the big memory models to many of your early adopters that bought the smaller versions.
But theres always a market for them. I've never seen a DAP that I was interested in that did'nt have a demand for a larger capacity.

Old 01-25-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy Bad View Post
But theres always a market for them. I've never seen a DAP that I was interested in that did'nt have a demand for a larger capacity.
thats the problem. It's good players that has a demand for high cap. But if the player is rated badly. No one would want to buy =S

Old 01-26-2009, 05:53 PM

I've got some news everyone! Apparently Play.com (UK) have already put up a product page for both the 8GB and 16GB versions of the Samsung P3. The 8GB will be 109.99GBP, while the 16GB will be 149.99GBP.

Here's the link:
http://www.play.com/Electronics/Elec...r/Product.html

It's release due date, since its still a pre-order, is speculated to be on the 23rd of February 2009. Unfortunately, Play.com (UK) cannot ship outside of the UK for electronic products. Oh well, at least we know around what time the P3 will be released.

Hope this was helpful .

Oh and BTW, I won't be posting anymore after the 30th of January till the 9th of April. Hopefully it will be released after I'm back!

Last edited by Dragonkev714; 01-26-2009 at 07:42 PM.

Old 01-28-2009, 02:32 PM

Default tired of waiting

i am so tired of waiting for this thing, i want this so bad, but if they dont release it soon, yall are gonna see me go crazy.

They said itd be out a few days after CES, and now their saying Feburary 20th. what gives. any way i hope it gets released soon cause i have been waiting since October.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:34 PM

The firmware isnīt yet the best ^^

Old 01-30-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkev714 View Post
Here's the link:
http://www.play.com/Electronics/Elec...r/Product.html

It's release due date, since its still a pre-order, is speculated to be on the 23rd of February 2009. Unfortunately, Play.com (UK) cannot ship outside of the UK for electronic products. Oh well, at least we know around what time the P3 will be released.
Out of UK
  • Andorra
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Cyprus
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Gibraltar
  • Greece*
  • Greenland
  • Iceland
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Liechtenstein
  • Luxembourg
  • Malta
  • Monaco
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Portugal
  • San Marino
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Vatican
But nothing to America, right??

Old 01-30-2009, 11:41 PM

if you have paypal then you should be able to buy a P3 off gmarket http://global.gmarket.co.kr/ but i'm going to wait out (since i've got a S9 to play with) until www.minidisc.com.au are stocking them which hopefully isn't too long.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:06 AM

Well, it appears Futureshop is discontinuing the P2 (no more 8gb at least). Perhaps they will be getting a shipment sometime soon...

Old 01-31-2009, 09:07 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by circus_freak View Post
Well, it appears Futureshop is discontinuing the P2 (no more 8gb at least). Perhaps they will be getting a shipment sometime soon...
talking about FS I went to their forums (even though I live in NYC) and a guy said that he called them on the 29 th of this month and FS said that they have the P3 in their system but not in their warehouses.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:07 PM

http://global.gmarket.co.kr/
How can i get this web in english or other lenguage?
All products are in Korea and this is from Korea right?
And, the price next to the red one, is in US?; I gess. So 250 US

Tags
mp3, p3, samsung, samsung p3