android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2009, 06:20 AM

Default White Screen on 30gb ZVM

Sigh, If I didn't know any better, I'd say my boyfriend had the worst luck with players. I'm thinking he must drop this thing a lot. Anyhow, He has a white screen. It's recognized by the PC, music will play and even allowed me to do a firmware update. I've heard about this white screen before but not sure if I've heard of a solution? Help! On the flip side, a couple of months ago, we switched out the hard drives because this one went out. We have not had any problems since then. I still have the other player that has a perfectly good lcd screen (I think), is replacing an option? If so, how do I go about doing it? Or is it possible a connector was shifted when he dropped it?

Thanks in advance

Edit: I tried the MP3 recovery tool, upgraded the firmware. When I did that I just unplugged it and hit play to see if it would work. The screen was still white but played music. I turned it off, and plugged it back up to the pc and viola, it came back on. I was skeptical so I unplugged it, turned it off and back on and the screen was still working properly. It is currently charging. I have to go to work so I suppose I won't be able to update the status until later today. Any ideas are still welcome.

Last edited by kiesha; 01-29-2009 at 06:51 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]