android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Mozaic

Old 09-17-2008, 07:11 PM

Default Please help with info on Mozaic

I am looking for a possible purchase of the Mosaic. I would appreciate if someone can give me the following information:

1) can it bookmark playlist and files for mp3 books
2) can it drag and drop files from PC
3) can it support multiple playlists? If yes, can it create playlist and move files to playlist without connected to PC
4) does it have a non-proprietary cable

thanks.

mary

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-17-2008, 08:28 PM

marynguyen, Welcome to abi, hope you enjoy the forums, reviews, News ...

Personally I’m not impressed with the latest creative releases. Don’t know if you read EnzoTen’s review here, but it might help in your decision.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 09-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Indeed. From the review (on 1 and 3):

Quote:
Bookmarks / Playlists
Playlisting, bookmarking, and general playback have always been strong points for Zen players; the Mozaic follows this tradition. 10 bookmarks are at your disposal - handy for audiobooks and other long files. On-the-go playlists also work well and give you the ability to name and create as many as you like without connecting to your computer. Playlists can also be created with any standard media player, including Creative Centrale which comes with the Mozaic.
2. Yes, MTP now fully supports drag-and-drop support. I would make sure you have WMP11 installed for best results (or Vista). The Windows Media Framework/MTP is installed with WMP (10 or 11) on WinXP.

4. It uses a type A standard to mini-b USB cable.

Zen FAQ

Old 09-21-2008, 06:34 PM

thanks to both Walkwood and BobbyRS.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

No problem. Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 10-07-2008, 06:25 AM

I must admit... I like the Mozaic. I have it and I love the external speaker... and no the speaker does not sound GREAT, but it sounds good enough for an external speaker.

I also have a Zen V Plus & a Zen Stone plus w/ speaker... I love the mozaic... It's gui is nicer and it supports drag & drop without software... It also requires that you convert every video, but the converter works... The old players did not seem to convert every video. This one does. I have transferred all types of video to thsi player without difficulty and my Zen Vision M always had issues with this.
Zen Vision:M 30 & Dell DJ 2nd Gen

Old 10-07-2008, 07:00 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Good to hear you love the Mozaic. Thanks for leaving feedback about it.

Zen FAQ

Old 10-07-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omicronkappa278 View Post
I must admit... I like the Mozaic. I have it and I love the external speaker... and no the speaker does not sound GREAT, but it sounds good enough for an external speaker.

I also have a Zen V Plus & a Zen Stone plus w/ speaker... I love the mozaic... It's gui is nicer and it supports drag & drop without software... It also requires that you convert every video, but the converter works... The old players did not seem to convert every video. This one does. I have transferred all types of video to thsi player without difficulty and my Zen Vision M always had issues with this.
omicronkappa278, Thanks for the feedback, good to know ... I'm sure that marynguyen will be interested in reading your opinion ...

Old 10-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

If marynguyen ever decides to come on back to ABI.

Zen FAQ

Old 10-07-2008, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
lol, he'll be back

Old 10-09-2008, 04:58 AM

I am back and thanks for the info on the mozaic. I currently own a sansa 280. I listen to a lot of audiobook. It seems to me that the Mozaic is very suitable for listening multiple audiobooks in MP3 format like remembering the playlist and the bookmarking the file. Again, I am grateful for the feedback on the device. I am looking at the 16GB which cost me 150 but I have to wait until Xmas.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:46 AM

Quote:
What did I tell you

Quote:
Originally Posted by marynguyen View Post
I am back and thanks for the info on the mozaic. I currently own a sansa 280. I listen to a lot of audiobook. It seems to me that the Mozaic is very suitable for listening multiple audiobooks in MP3 format like remembering the playlist and the bookmarking the file. Again, I am grateful for the feedback on the device. I am looking at the 16GB which cost me 150 but I have to wait until Xmas.
Sounds like you made up your mind, please let us know your feedback/opinion once you get it ... Congrats

Old 10-09-2008, 09:52 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
What did I tell you
Ahhhh, good! Not a one or two poster.

Zen FAQ

Old 10-10-2008, 09:43 AM

I am glad you are thinking of getting the Mozaic. I love it.

It actually displays the album art and slides for MPEG/AVI files when you select Music or Movies. It doesn't just show the Album art, it animates it. Not necessary but kinda cool.

I recently got the TravelSound Dock for it:

I love it. It is not like other speakers... It has a rechargeable battery... (No power cord) Basically, you plug the Mozaic into it like the photo above (It docks). The speakers have a USB port on the back where you plug the speakers into your PC which charges the speaker and the Mozaic at once. If the mozaic is not plugged into the speakers, the PC just charges the speakers. Also, it works like a dock. If the Mozaic is plugged into the speakers and the speakers are plugged into the PC, you can Drag & Drop your Songs/Pictures/Movies just like if it was just the Mozaic plugged into the PC. They retail about 40$ and are worth it... Sound it good and the speakers are relativily small. I have Star Wars - Revenge of the Syth on the Mozaic and it sounds good through the TravelSound Speakers.

The Speakers: http://us.creative.com/products/prod...&WT.mc_id=3862

For Comparison:
My first MP3 Player was the Dell DJ 20 Second Gen... I still have and use it for my whole collection.

I also have a Creative Zen Vision M 30 GB... I kinda use it. If I am watching movies it has the best screen, but getting videos one it was always an issue. The converter usually did not work right.

I have a Creative Zen V Plus... Very little... (My wife's Player)... Good little unit, same issue with video

Lastly I have a Zen Stone w/speaker which I love... While I am working, I click it on my shirt and play music out loud. Sometimes listen to Limbaugh podcasts on it.

The Mozaic does have to convert every video... but it converts all of them successfully. I love that... So far my favorite... a close second is my Dell DJ tied with my Zen Stone w/ speaker...

Old 10-10-2008, 12:03 PM

Hi Omicronkappa;

In some of the reviews I have seen of the Mozaic, they said that the bass was weak. How does the sound compare to your ZVM or ZenV+ I have both of those. I love the ZVM but generally don't carry it with me because of it's size. I usually had my ZenV+ but my wife has appropriated it since her sansa e250 bit the dust. I was considering getting the mozaic 16 gig, but was wanting to hear from someone that actually had one as to what the sound was like compared to ZVM or ZenV+

Thanks!

Old 10-10-2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Ahhhh, good! Not a one or two poster.
Nope, member for life

Old 10-15-2008, 10:08 AM

hello people , i own since a month or two the mosaic .. and i totally love it.... BUT, after two months i still haven't found to convert my video's.. i can do it but when i play them it gives an error... for 1 seconden en then im back in the video menu... does anybody know how to ?
thnQ

Old 10-15-2008, 11:15 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome FANTA5Y. I believe the Mozaic is similar in regards to video playback capability as the Zen V Plus. In that I mean it uses the AVI container with MJPEG as the video stream and MP3 as the audio stream, but with a resolution or 128 x 160 pixels. You can use either the Creative Video Converter software or try using this guide with VirtualDub. Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 10-16-2008, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberstoic View Post
Hi Omicronkappa;

In some of the reviews I have seen of the Mozaic, they said that the bass was weak. How does the sound compare to your ZVM or ZenV+ I have both of those. I love the ZVM but generally don't carry it with me because of it's size. I usually had my ZenV+ but my wife has appropriated it since her sansa e250 bit the dust. I was considering getting the mozaic 16 gig, but was wanting to hear from someone that actually had one as to what the sound was like compared to ZVM or ZenV+

Thanks!
OK, It has an external speaker on it... You will not get much base with that. Which makes sense...

As far as the sound via the TravelSound Speakers are great. Very well made accessory.

The payer itself sounds fine, especially if you compare it to the ZVM. You should be happy... the size of it is just right. Big fan of it. And liek I said, with the TravelSound, it really makes for a great setup.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:12 PM

@BobbyRS thnQ well im going to try it with virtual dub .. becouse i dont got the Creative Video Converter software along with my amazing mozaic
i got only the software : Creative Centrale.... and that doesnt do anything
well anyway im going to try it ! thnQ

Tags
boot, on-off, playlist, qeustion, skin, sleep, speaker, speakers no option