android
Old 02-28-2009, 07:29 AM

I don't own an X-Fi (yet, I just ordered it) but what I do with other players (including windows software players) is I create a playlist will all my music, then randomize the playlist. Then I just play the playlist in order. This way I never hear a track more than once.

Also, some players don't "remember" what song you played last (I hope the X-Fi does... my ZVM didn't) but with the playlist you just go back to the last song on the list. I use this a lot when I forget to rate a song before it's over.

The only problem with this is that if you take the playlist out of the now playing list you loose your place in the list. Next time you start the playlist you'll end up hearing the same songs again. The obvious solution is to just skip to where you were before (this works but is sorta a low-tech / highly-manual approach that I try to avoid). Another solution is to just create a bunch of random playlists. Assuming the player doesn't have a limit to the number of playlists you can have, just make 20 or so and delete them as you get tired of them.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirudin View Post
Also, some players don't "remember" what song you played last (I hope the X-Fi does...
Yes, the Zen X-Fi does this.

Zen FAQ

Old 03-03-2009, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
Yes, the Zen X-Fi does this.
Oh thank gawd! I couldn't stand that about the ZVM.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:27 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The ZVM had the resume feature as well.

Zen FAQ

Old 03-03-2009, 11:31 AM

I'm not sure I know what you're saying... I don't remember having the problem described in that thread - either my ZVM always resumed where it was when I turned it off OR maybe I somehow never noticed.

Are you saying that the X-Fi doesn't start back up where it was when it was turned off? If so, has Creative gone completely frigging insane?

Old 03-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Both Zens have the resume playback feature.

Zen FAQ

Old 04-29-2009, 05:24 AM

Default X-fi random

I can certainly confirm the 'random not being random' issue.

My symptoms are that when it is powered down/up and then Random Play all is selected from the the DJ menu it will play 6-7 tracks from 2 particular albums every time within the first 20 tracks.

I have over 1700 hundred tracks on my player so this is very frustrating.

I am going to remove the offending albums and then reinstate them to see if this make a difference. Will keep you posted ont eh results.

Apart from that I love my X-fi!!

Old 05-07-2009, 04:13 AM

Yeah besides when you play it in the Dj mode and select the "top rated" songs, it only plays the first few (20 i guess?) top rated songs.

Same with the "unrated" category as well.

I believe it should have been like all songs in specific categories according to their ratings.

Letting the user play only 20 songs is not just senseless but also extremely frustrating.