android
Old 02-12-2009, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayne View Post
I just checked The Source by Circuit City - $139 CAD for the 4GB... can you say mad overpriced? Futureshop has it for $99.99
That's for damn sure.. I bought my Fuze 8gb (silver) for $100 + free shipping (on ebay tho, sorry)

I hear your woes about Canadian shipping and whatnot, as a DAP enthusiast in Canada I've put up with it for years. My advice to you is to use eBay, I have had my own dispositions to it as well but it's not so bad at all.

As far as B&H, I haven't personally dealt with them but I know a lot of very happy people. I am not trying to offend when I say that you are being a bit over-skeptical here. On sites like eBay run by users there is a threat of fraud, etc. but with a well-developed site (actually, I'm surprised you haven't heard of them) like B&H Photo there is not need for worry.

If something were to happen then I am sure they would work with you to solve it.

Thanks,

Matt

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-12-2009, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhelliwell View Post
That's for damn sure.. I bought my Fuze 8gb (silver) for $100 + free shipping (on ebay tho, sorry)

I hear your woes about Canadian shipping and whatnot, as a DAP enthusiast in Canada I've put up with it for years. My advice to you is to use eBay, I have had my own dispositions to it as well but it's not so bad at all.

As far as B&H, I haven't personally dealt with them but I know a lot of very happy people. I am not trying to offend when I say that you are being a bit over-skeptical here. On sites like eBay run by users there is a threat of fraud, etc. but with a well-developed site (actually, I'm surprised you haven't heard of them) like B&H Photo there is not need for worry.

If something were to happen then I am sure they would work with you to solve it.

Thanks,

Matt
Lots of happy people with B&H Photo huh? Hmm, I may have to give them a try, but if I get charged import fees for an mp3 player I'll be pretty pissed. What about delivery time - how long roughly would that be and do they use UPS? I live in the GTA, so around 2-3 hours from the border.

But if you say B&H is good and reputable, I may give it a try.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansaguy View Post
I did business with them about a year ago. I ordered an 8 megapixel camera from them and from what I can remember I don't think I had to pay duties, taxes. Am pretty sure it was sent by UPS. If your concerned about taxes or customs duties have some money set aside just in case or they all take credit cards.
Did you have any problems with your prodduct like damaged or defective? How do they pack their products for shipping? One of my concerns is what if a product is damaged or defective, then I have to go through a hassle to repack, send it back at my cost then wait who knows how long to get a new one back (and it may not even be new, just repaired). Seems like a lot more risk compared to places locally I can just walk into like Futureshop and buy it, but of course they don't sell it so I can't

Old 02-12-2009, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Did you have any problems with your prodduct like damaged or defective? How do they pack their products for shipping? One of my concerns is what if a product is damaged or defective, then I have to go through a hassle to repack, send it back at my cost then wait who knows how long to get a new one back (and it may not even be new, just repaired). Seems like a lot more risk compared to places locally I can just walk into like Futureshop and buy it, but of course they don't sell it so I can't
I didn't have a problem at all with my order. Camera was new in new unopened sealed packaging and the shipping packaging was a box filled with that Styrofoam pellets so very little movement during shipping. Took around 5-6 business days to arrive. I think that if your this hesitant and if you want your black Fuze bad enough you'll just have to take the plunge and order it and trust that B&H is reputable enough that if the product is defective that you can return it for refund.
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 02-12-2009, 08:38 PM

I just checked shipping cost - $25 USD just to ship something that's less than 1 pound, that's insane (and that's the cheapest method too). Things always have to be so difficult.

Last edited by Zayne; 02-12-2009 at 08:44 PM.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:47 PM

It's to cover the import fees, since it crosses an international border. They will get the bill instead of you, so they need to cover that expense.

I work in customer support for an electronics online vendor. I talk to a lot of Canadians, and I sympathize.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili View Post
It's to cover the import fees, since it crosses an international border. They will get the bill instead of you, so they need to cover that expense.

I work in customer support for an electronics online vendor. I talk to a lot of Canadians, and I sympathize.
Thanks, it's such a hassle ordering from the US. It doesn't make sense they would pay for it - most, if not all companies tell you that the customer is responsible for any import fees.

EDIT: Copied directly from B&H website:

"B&H is not responsible for and can offer no specific advice on import fees, duty, Customs or taxes that you may be charged when your merchandise reaches you and urges you to consult your local government import office with any questions."

I knew it didn't make sense...

Last edited by Zayne; 02-12-2009 at 09:17 PM.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:08 PM

If you order from my company (that shall remain nameless, so I don't get fired for bitching about them online), you pay 15.00 USD for international priority delivery and then you pay any import/brokerage fees at the border. Other companies will charge you a fee that covers said brokerage fees, and use that money to pay the courier.

I'm guessing the $25 is to cover insuring the thing. After all, if it gets lost or damaged they want to be reimbursed.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:45 PM

@Zayne...

Again, how bad do you want that 8GB black Fuze?. Silver must be looking really good right now...

Old 02-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
@Zayne...

Again, how bad do you want that 8GB black Fuze?. Silver must be looking really good right now...
The silver looks much better in person than on the web pictures too, wouldn't you agree?

Old 02-13-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
The silver looks much better in person than on the web pictures too, wouldn't you agree?
yes I very much like the colour. The web pics picture it in a higher glossy silver colour

Old 02-13-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
yes I very much like the colour. The web pics picture it in a higher glossy silver colour
Mine is a lot less glossy-shiny in person than the pictures led me to believe, which I like. I tell my friends I got the steel-colored Fuze

Old 02-13-2009, 08:11 PM

Actually, the Silver isn't looking attractive at all - already saw it in person, heh. Might just go with the 4GB and get a MicroSD, less hassle it seems.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:32 AM

I like the steel a lot, but then, I was given an iPod Nano Chrome for Christmas and traded it in for the Fuze, so I might be biased for that reason.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:47 AM

Yesterday Costco (at least the Harrisburg, PA store) had the black 8G Fuze for 99.99 USD. It was in a display case with the item number 113381.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:45 PM

Still debating over waiting and buying the 8GB Black or just buying the 4GB Black /w a MicroSD.... hard decision =(.

Last edited by Zayne; 02-20-2009 at 10:51 PM.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Still debating over waiting and buying the 8GB Black or just buying the 4GB Black /w a MicroSD.... hard decision =(.
I'm enjoying my 4GB+8GB card right now

Old 02-21-2009, 07:25 AM

Zayne, I dont know if Newegg (www.newegg.com) ships to Canada or what they'd charge but they carry the 8GB Fuze in black ($89.99 US).

They're very good...reliable, fast shipping. I've bought lots of stuff from them.

EDIT: I see someone already suggested Newegg but they only ship to the US and Puerto Rico. Personally, I'd hold out for the 8GB. Newegg offers free shipping on the 8GB fuse. Do you have any friends in the US that could order it and then ship it to you? It probably wouldn't cost that much...and at least the first leg would be free.

Last edited by RickOH; 02-21-2009 at 07:41 AM.

Old 02-21-2009, 02:07 PM
Ultra Senior Member

newegg.ca started up a while ago. Based on my view of them, they won't last long.

silver 8GB Fuze $124.19 (regular $148.99) plus $16.30 handling (which might be taxes) plus shipping by UPS ($13.18) total $153.67.

Think they'll last??

Steve

Old 02-21-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickOH View Post
Zayne, I dont know if Newegg (www.newegg.com) ships to Canada or what they'd charge but they carry the 8GB Fuze in black ($89.99 US).

They're very good...reliable, fast shipping. I've bought lots of stuff from them.

EDIT: I see someone already suggested Newegg but they only ship to the US and Puerto Rico. Personally, I'd hold out for the 8GB. Newegg offers free shipping on the 8GB fuse. Do you have any friends in the US that could order it and then ship it to you? It probably wouldn't cost that much...and at least the first leg would be free.
Easy to say when a bunch of places in the US sell the 8GB Black. I live in Canada and after thorough search, no retailers sell it here. What else are you guys suggesting, excluding ordering internationally? =P Doesn't really make any sense that they would advertise all colours in every size except the flagship version, stupid move? Guess it does make a little sense judging by their absolutely horrible customer service.

Last edited by Zayne; 02-21-2009 at 08:38 PM.