android
Old 02-12-2009, 08:08 AM

Default Media Manager can't see my Walkman

Hello.

I have access to three PC's. For some reason, on the newest dual-core PC, Media Manager can't see the Walkman. The MM screen bottom window displays the text "Connect WALKMAN to PC with the USB cable" while the Walkman displays "connecting". But it doesn't. They just sit there.

I can see the Walkman using windows explorer OK. So it's not the USB ports (I've tried a few of them on this PC).
I've reset the Walkman and rebooted the PC with no change.

Any ideas anyone?

Help appreciated, as I want to use the faster PC for ripping.
Mal.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-12-2009, 11:46 AM

I've had this problem too. I have both an NWZ-A816 and an NWZ-E438F. When I connect the A816 to my computer Media Manager for Walkman recognizes it, but it doesn't recognize the E438F.

I've tried reformatting the E438F to ensure that it uses the default name and configuration, but still it didn't show up. It does show up in Windows Media Player, MediaMonkey, and in My Computer.

I don't have a solution to the problem, but one possibility I considered is that Media Manager for Walkman might only work with the first Walkman connected to the program, but this is only a guess on my part. It might be best to contact Sony for technical support concerning this issue.

For me this hasn't been much of an issue since I now use both players only for music (I only need the Media Manager for Walkman to put pictures and videos on the player). Just wanted to let you know that you're not the only individual with this problem.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:46 AM

Default NWZ-A828 & media manager

I have the same problem with the A828 whether using Media Manager or Content Transfer. I can add music to it using windows explorer. I can add music to it using windows media player. I can add playlists to it from windows media player but the playlists do not appear on the walkman. Come on. Surely someone in Sony must have resolved the media manager and content transfer programs by now.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:37 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Use J.River Media Jukebox, or Media Monkey. The Sony software is horrible IMO.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:29 PM

Hopefully someone reads this. I got my s638 today... and i'm happy ! yay! love it ! yay! but... when i hook it up to media monkey it syncs the playlists.... but... they don't work when i go to the playlist section of the player. Thx

Last edited by Proximus; 05-27-2009 at 06:01 PM.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proximus View Post
Hopefully someone reads this. I got my s638 today... and i'm happy ! yay! love it ! yay! but... when i hook it up to media monkey it does not sync the playlists.... idk what to do... help plz? Thx
One possibility is that the playlists you want on your player haven't been identified in MediaMonkey. To check this, do the following:

- On the menu bar click on Tools >> Options
- In the window that pops up, select "Portable/Audio Devices" in the list on the left hand side.
- In the list of "Available Devices/Plug-ins:" select your player (my player shows up as "WALKMAN") and then click on the "Configure" button. A device profile window will pop up. This window will allow you to modify your player's configuration in MediaMonkey.
- Click on the "Playlists" tab. This will provide you with a list of all of your playlists. The checked playlists are the ones that will synced to your player. I use playlists to control the music that is loaded on my player.

I hope that helps.
MediaMonkey 4
Headphones: Koss PortaPro

Old 05-27-2009, 06:18 PM

Thx. Well i did that... actually right before you wrote the msg. I checked the folder on the player... and the playlists are there, but when i click Playlists on the player itself, it tells me there are no songs there...