android
Old 02-12-2009, 10:41 AM

Default NWZ-A826 - Wont charge or be recognised by my computer

Pretty much says it all in the title.
Bought this Mp3 player today but cant get my main desktop to recognise it. It is not a player fault however as both my laptop and PS3 recognise the device via USB. This would not bother me normally except all of my music is on my desktop. The desktop recognises all of my other USB devices but not this. I am using windows XP on my desktop ( my laptop uses vista) Any ideas on why the desktop wont detect my player or charge it ?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-12-2009, 12:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Go to Windows Update an update your comp, and make sure you have WMP11 installed.

And, btw, Welcome To ABI>>>!!!!

Old 02-12-2009, 02:02 PM

thanks for the welcome! but my computers still wont recognise the device. So ive just finished moving all my music to the laptop to load it onto the player from there (a pain , trust me ), but now i have another problem! I ant seem to get playlists onto the device. Everytime i try the player insists it doesnt have any playlists on it. Ive looked through the forums and see other people are having this problem to. Any ideas?

Old 02-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I had the A829 and I'd never had the problem. I used J.River Media Jukebox & Media Monkey, and it worked like a charm!!!

Old 02-13-2009, 01:23 PM

yeh i now have playlists working fine! Still cant get it to charge or sync to the desktop computer though and aparently my drivers are up to date :S

Whats odd is when i plug it in it says connecting but then appears to disconnect almost imediatley . Any advice would be welcome.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:21 PM

Been looking through other forums and other postings involving sony walkmans and finally figured out the problem. For some reason my ps3 sony sixaxis controller drivers conflicted with the player. Incredibly random but since i uninstalled the the controller the mp3 player has worked fine. thanks for everyones help still!

Old 02-16-2009, 08:45 PM

You, sir, have saved me from a lot of frustration and time transferring my songs to my laptop... to my A826.

Thank you.