android
Old 02-13-2009, 02:22 AM

Default Should i buy it from ebay?

technically its the "korean" version of the p3 but does anyone know if its gonna be different than the american one hardware wise? and if not, then is it gonna be different software wise? which is proly a yes, and if it is different software wise then will it be able to load an american firmware? basically if i buy it on ebay can i make it exactly the same thing i woulda bought in america? I really wish it would get released in america soon but i keep waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and it just doesnt seem to be coming, and the extra money i spend through ebay isnt bad for me financially. But i dont want to buy it on ebay and get some version of it thats any different then what id see in stores when it does hit here. Thx for the input!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-13-2009, 05:22 AM

I tell what i knew and you can judge it yourself.
i bought p3 in korea, but i alway used the english language as the menu interface. you can change the language very easily, and no difference for the function. and the firmware is KR.
i saw some different in the Emodio Software for different language, as lyrics function for the mp3 file, which is appeared in chinese language but english. i have no idea why. and even i bought it in korea, it said "made in china"
and as i know, it is coming soon in china.

so as a conclusion, i think the area version almost no difference, cause it producted as an internetional one. for the language in the file, like txt file, english is absolutely no problem at all. also even for the p3 you can update using America version, but i don't think it is a good idea, cause Korean version maybe the newest one in release list. no problem for english operation.

Old 02-13-2009, 05:33 AM

dictionary function is different, KR has the K-E and E-K, maybe english version has the E-E. but dictionary function could update seperately.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:19 AM

I have no knwledge of the P3 or anything about it, but whaat I can add to the dicussion is my prior experience with ordering fromebay customers. Most of them are honest merchants looking to make a buck by buying and selling products. However, prices vary greatly depending on what you are looking for.

It is necessary to first know what the going rate for the item you want is. After some checking Samsung.com is not showing a P3 model, but their price for the P2 is $250. So my advice would be to go out into ebay and bid all you like but never ever pay $250 plus shipping or more becuase you can get that price from Samsung directly.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:27 AM

thx for the great input guys, just one more question. has there been any more updates on the release? The only concrete thing i know is "First half of 2009" which can easily mean end of june lol. Ive heard rumors that it was gonna be january february but im pretty sure thats just rumor. What do u guys know? I'd hate to buy it today and it release tomorrow LOL.