android
Old 02-16-2009, 07:18 PM

Default E436 - Power off problem

I bought a E436 4G Red the other day (btw, it looks really cool!). Having played with it for a while... I realized that after I powered off the device, it turned on again when I pressed any button.. Is it supposed to be like this?? If I press any button (like the navi button or the Back or Option) the mp3 player turns on like I press "power on". that means if I accidentally touch the button in my bag, it will turn on the device....

The other thing is the creating library problem. Whenever I removed the device from the USB connection, it says creating library. I didn't even transfer any files whatsoever!

Fireware is 1.02

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-17-2009, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joogi View Post
I bought a E436 4G Red the other day (btw, it looks really cool!). Having played with it for a while... I realized that after I powered off the device, it turned on again when I pressed any button.. Is it supposed to be like this?? If I press any button (like the navi button or the Back or Option) the mp3 player turns on like I press "power on". that means if I accidentally touch the button in my bag, it will turn on the device....

The other thing is the creating library problem. Whenever I removed the device from the USB connection, it says creating library. I didn't even transfer any files whatsoever!

Fireware is 1.02
Yes, it is normal for the player to turn on when you press any button. In addition to the NWZ-E438F, I also have a NWZ-A816 and it works the same way.

To ensure that the player doesn't accidentally turn on, just turn on the hold button. Then, the player will only give you a brief this-player-is-on-hold message when a button is pressed.

As far as the rebuilding library button goes, my experience with the NWZ-E438F indicates that it is normal for the player's library to be rebuilt when it is disconnected from the computer, even if no files are transferred. As a test I did it a few times and it rebuilt the player's library each time. I've also had it occur if the player has been inactive for a while.

I hope that helps.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:53 PM

Default something really odd happened

when I connect my mp3 using the USB cable, the computer is not recognizing it.

In the past, whenever I connected the device, it would recognize as one of the removable drive AND start charging and won't allow me to listen to music or radio..

Now when I connect the mp3 player to my computer.. it's just charging and actually allows me to listen to music, navigate the menu etc... but cannot transfer files....

what's going on??? I bought my e436 about a week only....