android
Old 02-17-2009, 10:58 PM

Default plastic case for e436?

Is anyone using a case to protect your sony mp3 walkman? so far I can only find some silicon skins online, I am looking for plastic case. Thx.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-18-2009, 10:53 AM

I have a clear plastic case for both of my Sony players (an NWZ-E438F and an NWZ-A816). I purchased both of them from the Sony website and although they are a bit expensive (I paid $30 for the E438F case) they are worth it. I strongly prefer a hard plastic case over a soft silicon case.

With the E438F case, it covers most of the player but allows you to access all of the controls and connections without removing the case. Simply put, once you put the case on the player you never have to remove it. Also, while it completely covers and protects the screen, it still allows you to easily view the screen.

One other advantage of the case for me is that it increases the size of the player slightly. The player without the case is slightly too small to fit comfortably in my hand, but the case adds width and thickness to the player that makes it a much more comfortable fit.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:30 AM

I have a clear acrylic hard case for my E436F. I also like that it makes the player a little larger. The buttons are not covered and are easily accessible. The only thing I don't like is that I still have to be careful not to scratch the face, and that it is constantly getting dust under the case over the screen.

Old 04-10-2009, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whidbey View Post
I have a clear acrylic hard case for my E436F. I also like that it makes the player a little larger. The buttons are not covered and are easily accessible. The only thing I don't like is that I still have to be careful not to scratch the face, and that it is constantly getting dust under the case over the screen.
That is the one weakness of the case for my NWZ-E438F. The case for my NWZ-A818 completely covers my player (it has rubber buttons that cover the actual buttons on my player and allow me to use them as if they were the actual buttons) except for a small slot on the bottom for the cable connector and the headphone jack. and holes for the reset and hold buttons. Due to this, I rarely have a problem with dust getting into my player.

Still, I think the hard plastic case for the NWZ-E438F is worth purchasing. For me, the most important reason is to protect the most vulnerable part of the player: the screen. In fact, one of the prime considerations I have before purchasing an audio player is if there is a hard case for it (if the screen is prone to damage during normal use).
MediaMonkey 4
Headphones: Koss PortaPro