android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze

Old 03-29-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grath View Post
I just registered on the forum (had a problem with ID3 tags, probably from Rhythmbox being an idiot about tags. Re-saving with Easytag fixed it)
I have to say, so far I'm very happy with my Fuze. 4GB MP3 player with high quality sound, decent battery life, and a MicroSDHC (the 'HC' being the most important part, too) expansion slot for $40 is an exceptional deal IMO.
Only problem I have with it is that I don't have a laptop so I'll have to buy a wall-charger if I want to travel with it. Anywhere I'd travel that doesn't have outlets is someplace where you're supposed to be 'roughing it' IE going camping.
I got me one of those Black'n Decker Pocket Power Battery packs...$10. Lasts 3-4 hours on a charge depending on usage and the good thing about it is it accepts both a/c and usb devices, so it's great if your in a pinch and need to charge up a device or watch a movie...like when your camping .
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Last edited by sansaguy; 03-29-2009 at 08:17 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-06-2009, 08:25 PM

well the only complaint i have about the fuze is it's quirky firmware and the battery life seems "short." my E270 had more life on it...

Old 04-07-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beteks View Post
well the only complaint i have about the fuze is it's quirky firmware and the battery life seems "short." my E270 had more life on it...
well from what I've been reading in the forums a new Firmware update to the Fuze could be any day now it's that close...fingers crossed.
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 04-07-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansaguy View Post
well from what I've been reading in the forums a new Firmware update to the Fuze could be any day now it's that close...fingers crossed.
it's about time!! hopefully it will make the fuze easy to use like my old E270, i miss it because of that.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
it's about time!! hopefully it will make the fuze easy to use like my old E270, i miss it because of that.
what's quirky about yours? Mine's easy as pie to use.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:20 PM

the scroll wheel and the buttons don't respond sometimes.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
the scroll wheel and the buttons don't respond sometimes.
Hmm....that sucks.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:39 PM

I don't know if I'd say I'm dissappointed...I mean, for the price, the Fuze is a great-sounding, easy-to-use player. It's certainly worth the money. The ability to drag-and-drop is a nice plus, too.

But...I have found that I like the ease with which I can manage my Zune 16 through the Zune software, and the value of the Zune Pass that basically gives me a CD a month to keep. I like the UI, and the RDS/RBDS on the FM, and I find the radio in the Zune to be better than that in the Fuze.

So..I'm not exactly dissappointed in the Fuze, but I'm not waiting for something better, since I feel that I've already found it.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:17 PM

I am waiting for time travelling deloreans are cheap and I could fly back in time and warn my self not to buy a sandisk player, or the fuse as I ended up getting. what bugs me is sandisk doesn't offer much for support when it comes to there products you have to phone a guy in india or so it seems and they just run you around to find a fix that doesn't work. all In all the fuse is what it is, cheap copy of a ipod. I should of got anything but a sandisk product and this will be my last product purchase of anything from sandisk because of the experience.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:13 PM

In contrast^, I had have great support from Sandisk's forum and the tech support (sansafix) is nice enough to answer many of my questions via PM regarding the LOD function on my Fuze even though it is not really part of his job - and of course the constant firmware update is a really big plus.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:56 AM

The only dissapointment about the fuze, to me, is the price. The Sansa players are rather rare in europe, and I got my 8gb black fuze for 94 euros (about 120 usd). The Clip 8gb sells here for about 85 usd.

Putting togheter the silicone case, a pair of better earbuds and a microSD, the price equals the aip nano 8gb, pricing for about 180 usd in europe.