android
Old 02-22-2009, 04:01 PM

Default Ok Im sold on the Cowon O2 but...

need a question answered before I pull the trigger. Is the O2 loud, I dont have any experience with PMPs except my PSP. The volume on the PSP is awfully low at its highest. I wont buy an PMP if I have to strain to hear it. Can someone let me know about the volume on the O2, btw I have perfect hearing lol.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-22-2009, 11:44 PM

I think it's definitely louder than the PSP but the last time I had a PSP was in 2004 so I don't know if they made the PSP louder when using headphones. Also the cowon o2 gets pretty loud imo.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nujabez View Post
I think it's definitely louder than the PSP but the last time I had a PSP was in 2004 so I don't know if they made the PSP louder when using headphones. Also the cowon o2 gets pretty loud imo.

Thanks for the info Nujabez, Ive owned a PSP since launch and Sony has not released any firmware to increase the loudness of it.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:40 AM
Contributing Editor

The o2 has the power to push even the most demanding headphones. It has a big built in amplifier. On my Sony's, I wont turn them up past 35(out of 50), and with my v modas, wont go above 28-30. I dont think Ive heard anyone say they are too soft

Old 02-23-2009, 08:26 AM

unless your speaking in terms of the built in speaker. The built in speaker is fine for music if you arent looking for the best quality obviously its a mono speaker.

Ive found the speaker isnt the greatest for the movies ive watched on it, it sounds ok but the volume doesnt quite get loud enough to make it easy to hear, and this is primarily because the speaker is on the back of the unit.
Cowon A3 30g (working just fine)
Cowon O2 32gb /w 8gb SD Card(brand new hooray)