android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon O2

Old 02-23-2009, 10:22 PM

Default Woot woot I pulled the trigger on an O2

now for the most painful 3-7 days in my life, arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh lol.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-23-2009, 10:37 PM

Is that the time it takes to ship it to you, or the 3-7 days after you receive it?

Old 02-23-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcman View Post
Is that the time it takes to ship it to you, or the 3-7 days after you receive it?
Ba-Zing!!!!

Hey, you probably did some research, right? I heard this player is wonderful for video. If you got it strictly for music, and just video on the side, you might want to consider canceling before the order ships. I haven't read a review that said it's a "Horrible" player, but it does have it's fair share of issues. But nothing firmware updates can't fix. I heard the D2 was worse than the O2 at release, and now look where it is!

Old 02-24-2009, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcman View Post

Yeah thats the time it takes to ship to me.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:54 AM
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by samueljesusfreak View Post
Ba-Zing!!!!

Hey, you probably did some research, right? I heard this player is wonderful for video. If you got it strictly for music, and just video on the side, you might want to consider canceling before the order ships. I haven't read a review that said it's a "Horrible" player, but it does have it's fair share of issues. But nothing firmware updates can't fix. I heard the D2 was worse than the O2 at release, and now look where it is!
The o2 is a very very good player. They are ironing out some kinks. The touchscreen works great now. They have fixed several issues already. Unless you like bouncing in and out of the menu and set up options daily for whatever reason, then it wont be an issue. I have done my settings, now i scroll through my music and let it play. I love the o2, and its only going to get better. Are you getting a case or anything extra for it?

Old 02-24-2009, 08:07 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samueljesusfreak View Post
I heard the D2 was worse than the O2 at release, and now look where it is!
Not really... the D2 already had better usability in the beginning than the O2 has now after almost 10 firmware upgrades.

Once they implement virtual motion gestures in the O2's browser, make the whole interface more finger-friendly, fix the huge gaps and clicks between audio tracks, and enable BBE/EQ for video playback, I would say the O2 can be considered "acceptable", at least for my needs/taste. Of course there are lots of other annoyances, but these are among the major flaws, in my opinion.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:30 AM

And remember; whenever you have something you want to say about the firmware, just email them. Email tech support, try to contact people as close to the firmware programmers as you can. Remember; they're making this product for us to buy, we have influcence. We can help make these products even better. I see that the O2 is $223 for a 16GB on Amazon. That is more than tempting right now. And since there is not a single problem I've heard of on the outside of the player, it's all up to firmware.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:53 PM

Yeah, I pulled the O2 trigger on Sunday, too. I hear just today that the D2+ was released. Am I upset? Well, no not really. I was hoping that there was a D3 coming out.

With d2fk's reviews and my needs, I am sure I'll still be happy. I am excited for this player, since it is a major upgrade for my current Sandisk Sansa e280. I just picked up a 32 GB SD card at Fry's for $99! Cool, man. I now have a 64 GB player! Whoa, dude. Cool.

I still will predominately use it for MP3, and videos on the side, but the most important feature is the slider bar on the video and MP3 playback. I'm so used to it on Vista, that it is an annoyance to wait, and find the spot you've left off with.

I did pick this up from the JetMall website since it was pretty much the same price as the Amazon option. The JetMall option was much better because it came with a hard case, and a screen protector. It may not be top of the line screen protector, but it was "free". Also, I picked up the leather case. I'm not really sure if this will help or hinder right now,but I do feel the way I'll use the player, I will need it.

I thought I saw a lanyard attachment option. Is that true? Is there a couple of holes to stick a clip for a lanyard through? I would probably use that more than sticking it in my pocket.

Anyway, thanks! Great player!

Old 02-24-2009, 09:04 PM

yep, there are holes for a lanyard

Old 02-24-2009, 10:42 PM

Hey Shortly I purchased my 02 from Jetmall as well, cant beat the price with free shipping plus a case and screen protector to boot. I'll be using mine mainly for video & mp3s on the side.Id like to pick up a D2 stylus I think its got a nice design to i, well see though.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboozledguy View Post
now for the most painful 3-7 days in my life, arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh lol.
i paid for next day air shipping(was 17 bucks) and ground shipping was like 10 so i figured wth(the free shipping delays the shipment time on your order)

And then they didnt deliver it before 3pm the next day(next day air saver) so i got refunded the 17 dollars for shipping
Cowon A3 30g (working just fine)
Cowon O2 32gb /w 8gb SD Card(brand new hooray)

Old 02-27-2009, 10:11 PM

I got my O2 today!! Woo Hoo! I'll give some updates as we go. I already updated the firmware to the latest. By the way, do I need to do all the updates up to 1.25, or just the latest? I want to make sure I have all the updates.

Also, I have looked for some apps, but on most of the forums, I see nothing! Anyone with any good apps built for the O2 yet?

Old 02-27-2009, 10:42 PM

You only need to install the latest firmware. There aren't that many programs for the SDK but the ones I have are Tetris, Pong, Wack A Mole, Omok, Picpuzzle and the regular stuff (like the calculator, stopwatch,notepad)

Old 02-27-2009, 11:02 PM

Cool deal shortly, glad your O2 showed up what kind of headphones will you be using?

Old 02-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Contributing Editor

A develpor for the o2 on another site said that they are on the verge of coming out with some really good stuff for it. Hopefully not too long.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:45 PM

The headphones I have are not the premium kind that most use on this site. I normally only listen to podcasts of radio programs. I know boring....
Anyway, the headphones I use are the Sony MDR-EX71 I went and found the ones I have on Amazon. Click the link to see them.

They do have great bass, great treble.
Sandisk Sansa e280R - v1.0 + 2 ea (2 GB MicroSDHC)
Creative Zen Nano Plus (1GB)

Old 02-28-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nujabez View Post
You only need to install the latest firmware. There aren't that many programs for the SDK but the ones I have are Tetris, Pong, Wack A Mole, Omok, Picpuzzle and the regular stuff (like the calculator, stopwatch,notepad)
Say Nujabez, are those programs easily accessible? I have looked online in a few places, but not "everywhere". Could you point out where I could find those? I would like to try the software.

Still waiting for the PDF reader, too!

Thanks.
Sandisk Sansa e280R - v1.0 + 2 ea (2 GB MicroSDHC)
Creative Zen Nano Plus (1GB)

Old 03-01-2009, 12:13 AM

here's a link for some of the games:
http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25205

Old 03-04-2009, 07:04 AM

Smile My O2 showed up yesterday

My O2 showed yesterday finally along with some stuff from Etymotic, below are a few pictures. I have to say Im happy with the O2 it does everything advertised and more. The screen is HUGE & the sound is loud like I wanted.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:06 AM
Ultra Senior Member

That second pic makes it look like a giant D2! And is that a case on your baby? Kool!!!

Tags
er6i, etymotic, o2