android
Old 02-25-2009, 06:12 PM

Page Samsung P3 Release Date in U.S

Will update when new info pops up.

If you clicked this for info on the unresponsive screen then scroll down to the bottom.

All right as you may or may not know the P3 is now available in the UK, also France and Italy. And us in America is like "WHAT THE ****!" Not being bias here but usually things come out in America then in the UK ex. The Nintendo DS, PSP, PS3, the P2, e.t.c. Plus the P3 was posted in the pres release and mp3 news on the official Samsung site for the US but on the UK site there is NOTHING! (which was why I was surprised when I found out in the beginning of the month.) But then I noticed, about 3 weeks ago, that on the UK site under FAQ and manuals I found the P3. I tried to do the same for the US Samsung site but no luck. So when you find it there then you know it will come out soon. But anyway I have a date. According to CNET MP3 Insider the P3 Will come out in Mid-April and according to their Podcast which you can listen to by clicking the play button cnet_mp3insider_022409.mp3. In fact they said that they have a P3 but are not allowed to review it until mid-April when it comes out. I believe that shes right because if you notice their is a pattern.

December:P3 becomes available in Korea
January:P3 available to the rest of Asia
Feubary:P3 available to Uk, Frace, and Italy
Futurecast:
March: P3 available to the rest of Europe
April:P3 available to US
May: P3 available to the rest of North America

I know that at Journal Du Geek it apparently says that it will come out in March but I am sure that its a miss-translation (due to Google translate). Remember Google translate isn't an exact translation and is only a rough translation of the meaning of the document. It seems to say that a firmware update will come i the March but it already came out when they posted it so its weird. maybe lebellium can help us out.

Also their is so good signs that the P3 will come out soon. At Best Buy all P2's are now ether sold out, available online only, or is backordered (well nice if you want a P3 but bad if you want a P3). But representatives of Best Buy and B&H(In NYC where I live) seem to be clueless about the release. I wrote on a forum and had a live chat with Best Buy and B&H and they don't know anything.

So I guess from here we just wait. Its only about 6 weeks, nothing to me because I've been wanting the P2 since May and was going to get in in November but then I saw the leaked photos of the P3 on GMP3 and decided to wait it out. So that means I would have waited 11 months. ALMOST A YEAR!

Now People worried about Unresponsive screen

I'm just gonna keep this short. A new firmware was realized and now the P3 is faster and got a new program "Sketch Book. I think that it is amazing that they can update and add whole apps on the P3. Plus their were some rumor (more like and unconfirmed statement) at CES that they will release a FULL SDK and you will be able to make your own widgets and apps. But remember its not confirmed. Now the P3 is MUCH faster and more responsive (30% to be exact). So don't worry about a crappy screen
Here's the Comparison

All High Quality

Old Firmware
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8t_nbyuEvA&fmt=18

New Firmware
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6xvAjGGDDs&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR1zaLil5ow&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjNKWXPRXhw&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmv7n5QKdu4&fmt=18

(Warning Gay Song Literally) The presentation is pretty gay too but nicly shows the improved UI

I've known most of this info WAY before it was posted here on the site. Sorry I haven't shared it sooner. But I promise from now on I will share any new info.

CNET PODCAST
cnet_mp3insider_022409.mp3.

Last edited by iOsasu; 03-07-2009 at 09:00 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-26-2009, 03:35 AM
Samsung Moderator

The P3 is really available in France indeed.
There are some internal problems at Samsung, that is why all isn't clear about the release dates. I can't tell you when you'll get in in the USA.

As regards the new firmware, I have it in beta version and I'm waiting for the Samsung Korea agreement to publish the GMP3 test with this new firmware.

It will be available for you early March normaly.

In beta version the P3 is not faster, only battery life has been improved. I hope it will be fixed on the final firmware.

Last edited by lebellium; 02-26-2009 at 03:41 AM.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:24 AM

Default I cannot wait any longer!!!!

I need the p3 now!!! It looks so freaking amazing! When will the u.s get it!?!?!?!? I LOVE IT!!!

Last edited by E133T; 02-28-2009 at 11:29 AM.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:27 PM

So Canada will not get the player until May '09? That's a bummer . Oh well, at least I'll be able to compare it to the Sony Walkman Touch.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:25 AM
Ultra Senior Member

It is March. I've got money. I would give it to Samsung in exchange for a P3 if I could only find one in the U.S.. Is there limited supply? Are they still trying to clear the retail pipeline of P2s? Is the firmware so immature they are embarassed to release it in the U.S.? Come on Samsung! I want a P3!

Old 03-05-2009, 06:02 AM

I agree with the above statement. I'm Tired OF Waiting...Tired of it.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E133T View Post
I agree with the above statement. I'm Tired OF Waiting...Tired of it.
Me too, but i have to continue

Old 03-20-2009, 04:31 AM

it nearly and march and still no P3 in Holland over here.
"March: P3 available to the rest of Europe" i hope that this is correct. because i can't wait to buy the P3

Old 03-21-2009, 07:42 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I really don't understand why these players are taking so long to get around. Although it may be lack of buyers in the "cult of iPod" USA, Amazon.com usually has devices available that stores don't want to take a chance one. If they are released in one country then they are clearly in production.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:32 AM

March: P3 Available to Canada

We have the black 8GB P3 at Best Buy.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:57 AM

Really? How much is it??

Old 03-22-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie1192 View Post
Really? How much is it??
In my local bestbuy, its $199. BTW I live near Toronto, CA. Heres the site
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...gon=&langid=EN

Old 03-23-2009, 08:45 PM

Thanks, I'm not sure if I want it because I just bought the 16gb P2 for the same price at future about 3-4 months ago and I think its a little early to upgrade. If anyone wants to try to persuade me though....

Old 03-26-2009, 06:01 PM

This will be my next player, but I'll go for 16GB or 32GB, and I'm not in hurry thanks to Nomad Xtra.

Old 03-27-2009, 07:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Any recent clues for the US release? I'm taking bets on which we'll see first, a P3 or the Sony X1000.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by circus_freak View Post
So Canada will not get the player until May '09? That's a bummer . Oh well, at least I'll be able to compare it to the Sony Walkman Touch.
p3 is already available on bestbuy canada's website

Old 03-27-2009, 09:42 PM

Well aware of that

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...t=38124&page=3

It's unfortunate that there is only a Futureshop where I live and it (which is owned by Bestbuy) has not brought any in as of yet. I'll just have to keep browsing their forums

http://www.futureshopforums.ca/futureshop/board/message?board.id=ipodandmp3players&thread.id=5259

Last edited by CF; 03-29-2009 at 05:24 PM.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:41 AM

Default P3 to be Released in May 2009 in the US!!

Samsung Announces Availability For Its 2009 Portable Multimedia Player Line-up

New Line Includes Award-winning P3 and New EmoDio™

RIDGEFIELD PARK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Samsung Electronics America, Inc., a market leader and award-winning innovator in consumer electronics, today announced the prices and market availability for its expansive 2009 MP3 player line-up and the launch of the upgraded EmoDio™.

The award-winning P3 with EmoTure™ touch interface enables consumers to immerse themselves in personal media while navigating their customized content. The new Q2 flash-memory media player delivers an unbeatable acoustical experience with up to 50 hours of battery life. The new line also includes the stylish and easy-to-use U5 player for on-the-go, active consumers. Unique to the P3 and Q2 is Samsung’s EmoDio multimedia platform that provides flexibility for receiving and editing content, including RSS, voice recording and the ability to turn online text into audio files that can be easily downloaded onto the portable devices.

Product Availability and Pricing

* Price: P3 – 8GB: $149.99 / 16 GB: $199.99 / 32 GB: $299.99

* Availability: P3 – May 2009

Check out this link for more info on Samsung's latest MP3 players!

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/s...57&newsLang=en

I just hope it's true!

Old 03-31-2009, 12:01 PM

*wrings hands with an evil chackel* can't wait.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:09 PM

I hope the 32 gb comes out during the same time as the 8/16 gb. But the release time looks legit, most others say spring and estimated april, so this makes sense

Tags
amazing, p3, samsung, sexy