android
Old 02-27-2009, 12:34 AM

Default no audio

when i make a call using my P3, the person i call can hear me, but i cant hear them. I can disconnect bluetooth and hear em just fine on my phone. This is on several phones that are different models.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-01-2009, 06:16 AM

Did you try raising volume?
That's the problem I had... Like actually lol Cause the volume is really low.
But ummm I haven't tried without headphones. Did you try with the speaker?
Cause I had it working for me. Sometimes it malfunctioned and my phone made a really loud and long beeping sound the freaked me out... but it generally worked fine for me.

Old 09-11-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacow View Post
Did you try raising volume?
That's the problem I had... Like actually lol Cause the volume is really low.
But ummm I haven't tried without headphones. Did you try with the speaker?
Cause I had it working for me. Sometimes it malfunctioned and my phone made a really loud and long beeping sound the freaked me out... but it generally worked fine for me.
i tried with speaker. the speaker fails, but the mic works. anybody tried too?

Old 10-11-2009, 12:58 AM

ditto. i cant hear anything from the speaker but i hear myself talk.
i used a land line phone and my cell and the talking works great but cant hear anything.
i have not used headphones though.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:15 AM

It works for headphones fine but in the audio settings theres somewhere you can tell it to play out of speakers only or headphones only. Try speaker only then make a call

Old 11-16-2009, 10:56 PM

I think that the bluetooth version which the P3 uses is not very widely used in the cellphone world yet... the functionality is limited to only certain cellphones. Is your cellphone on the compatible list in the manual?

Old 11-17-2009, 06:36 PM

Don't think it works via speaker. I use it quite often, but always with wired headphones plugged into the P3.

I think it doesn't have loop noise cancelling built in so won't utilize the built in speaker to prevent the endless loop squeal you get when the mic picks up the output of the speaker.

Old 01-13-2010, 03:11 AM

I have the same problem too. P3's speaker was turned on but i couldnt hear anything, at all. My phone is Nokia E63.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialguest View Post
I think that the bluetooth version which the P3 uses is not very widely used in the cellphone world yet... the functionality is limited to only certain cellphones. Is your cellphone on the compatible list in the manual?
This has absolutely nothing to do with the problem. BT 2.1 +EDR is backwards compatible to BT1.2 HPF. It is only limited to a BT phone. That being said, you could have to devices with identical revisions and profiles (pick any revision you want) that refuse to play well with each other.

Do you honestly think that people must upgrade thier BT headsets to match the standard of thier phones? You can mix and match 1.x and 2.x devices (phones, mp3 players, printers, serial devices, head units, and PCs). As long as the old and new devices support the same profiles, the revision of the standard is not important.

The compatibility listing in the manual is the same one included with the Samsung YP-T9 of 2 years ago. Samsung was too lazy to update the list and if you were to actually check the devices on the list, you'll find BT 1.x devices.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:01 AM

Default BT Profiles...Regarding PGH1969PA Response

Just read your post. Interesting. I have a similar problem; I can't hear or speak using the BT headset. But if I choose the voice to phone option on the player, I can both hear and speak to the other party. If it is a profile issue between the phone, player and headset IN LAYMANS TERMS, how do first discover if this is the issue and secondly, how do I resolve it. Keep in mind I'm a novice's novice.

Last edited by musiq; 02-06-2010 at 10:29 AM. Reason: To address a specific post

Old 02-07-2010, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiq View Post
Just read your post. Interesting. I have a similar problem; I can't hear or speak using the BT headset. But if I choose the voice to phone option on the player, I can both hear and speak to the other party. If it is a profile issue between the phone, player and headset IN LAYMANS TERMS, how do first discover if this is the issue and secondly, how do I resolve it. Keep in mind I'm a novice's novice.
In this situation, I think you are requiring more than the P3 can do. I don't think it does multiple BT devices at the same time. If you use BT to connect to your phone, don't expect to also connect a BT headset. Even on a powerful PC, I've always experienced serious lag problems with multiple BT devices being run at the same time. I've experimented by connecting 2 different sets of BT speakers to my PC and playing music only to find that both BT feeds end up skipping and buffering etc. I don't think BT has the bandwidth headroom to handle more than one feed at a time per bluetooth transmitter/circuit.

To use your P3 with your phone, you need wired headphones. It won't work with the P3 internal speaker and it appears it won't work with a bluetooth headset.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:41 AM

It doesnt work with the speaker..Thats for sure coz i tried it....With the wired headphones,it works really good..Nice clarity of sound as i experienced.....Haven't tried with a bluetooth headset yet......But i guess it wont work.
When i am in the file transfer mode,i can't connect the phone to the P3...I guess only one Mode of Use is available at a time...So,Headset Mode and Mobile Phone Mode won't go on with each other.

Old 02-20-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiq View Post
In layman's terms, the only way to discover a problem is trying to pair and use the devices together. So in other words, you're somewhat limited in what you can do. The best you can do is wait for someone else to test the combo out to see if it works out. Insuring both devices are the same revision of BT is great but it offers no real, 100% compatibility. Motorola, Broadcom, Toshiba, and Microsoft (or anyone else) all can create a BT stack (software/firmware to control the BT hardware) compliant to whatever prevailing standard but it is not a guarentee that it will work perfectly with 100% of the devices out there with the same standard. It's a crap shoot....one where there is a high probability of winning but a crap shoot none the less.

It's the same with USB devices. You can have some USB devices that just seem to not work well with some computers. It could be hardware. It could be software/drivers.

Standards are great but they don't always work out the way people plan. Some BT stacks simply don't work well with other BT stacks. Some hardware doesn't work well with other hardware. There is little one can do about it unless you have the ability to write a BT stack and design hardware.